Read More Limit (characters) for CB Blogs when using intro/full mode

2 years 6 months ago #326263 by qneal78710
Okay so right now only intro/full mode work when creating a blog using the joomla storage system. The problem is that I cannot limit the amount of information placed within the "Blog Intro" field. So some of my intro are about 4 sentences long and then some are 4 paragraphs long (I did this for testing purposes).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #326270 by beat
Make sure to update CB and CB add-ons to latest nightly build in CB -> Plugins -> Install/Update (click the "Refresh" button), and update. I believe there were some fixes in CB blogs in the last week. Although I don't think there is an option to limit intros at this time.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 6 months ago #326289 by krileon
The read more feature in Joomla just splits an article in half during save. That doesn't apply to CB Blogs though so if you need it split you need to use the intro and full mode instead of the single input mode at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 6 months ago #326300 by qneal78710
The reason I'm using into/full is because "full" mode by itself isn't currently working yet.

2 years 6 months ago #326301 by krileon
That should now be fixed in latest CB build released today.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn