[SOLVED] CB Activity Error on update but no errors on page

2 years 6 months ago #326495 by kdave321
Yes, that was it. Package installs without error now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326847 by micheleq
Hello,
Im sorry to come back to this but it is holding back upgrading my sites and I'm not sure this is the solution for me. Thank you for the patience to work this out.

In running the query noted in this thread, I get this answer:

Modifying the query slightly to this:
SELECT `user_id`, `type`, `object`, GROUP_CONCAT( `id` ) AS ids, COUNT(*) AS total
 FROM `jos_comprofiler_plugin_activity_hidden`
 WHERE `object` = '' 
 GROUP BY `user_id`, `type`, `object`;
I get this:

As you can see there are about a thousand results in the first one and about 230 in the second one.

- Is deleting all those rows from the second query the solution?
- Will this be a recurring thing?

It may be relevant to note that these sites have multiple access levels, some members share content "privately" with a select few of a "group" or ACL, and seeing the activity on the profile page may lead some to believe that a post or message that was intended to a small group is being exposed to the wider membership.

I took a screengrab of the last update with the error, when updating CB plugins to show context of what plugins are being updated. It seems that CB Activity was updated more than once?

Thank you,
Tomás
Attachments:

2 years 5 months ago #326850 by krileon
Verify some of the records to be sure they're actually duplicates. Your results don't look natural. You absolutely should not have anywhere near that many duplicates. Are you programmatically adding hidden entries using CB Auto Actions or something? With your above results check the hidden row with an id of 7 against 8 to confirm they're duplicates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326851 by krileon
Try running the following to first clear up empty strings. CB Activity migration should've taken care of this step already though, but the duplicate entries might be blocking this by preventing the install script from running.

Assets
UPDATE `jos_comprofiler_plugin_activity_hidden` SET `asset` = NULL WHERE `asset` = ''
Objects
UPDATE `jos_comprofiler_plugin_activity_hidden` SET `object` = NULL WHERE `object` = 0

Replace jos_ with whatever your table prefix is. Once the NULL is set you can try the below query againt.

Duplicate Assets
SELECT `user_id`, `type`, `asset`, GROUP_CONCAT( `id` ) AS ids, COUNT(*) AS total
 WHERE `asset` IS NOT NULL
 GROUP BY `user_id`, `type`, `asset`
 HAVING total > 1;
Duplicate Objects
SELECT `user_id`, `type`, `object`, GROUP_CONCAT( `id` ) AS ids, COUNT(*) AS total
 WHERE `object` IS NOT NULL
 GROUP BY `user_id`, `type`, `object`
 HAVING total > 1;

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326853 by krileon
Will review reverting the unique database index, but it really hurts the performance not having that. For CB Activity 6.0.0 am reviewing splitting this into separate tables where this won't really be a problem anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 5 months ago #326854 by krileon
Ok, the unique index has been reverted in latest build release as I don't have a way of fixing the duplicate entries from the install script since the SQL changes made in the XML happen before the install script. I however still suggest clearing any duplicate entries you may have.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn