[SOLVED] CB Activity Error on update but no errors on page

2 years 5 months ago #326859 by micheleq
Thank you for helping work this out.

It seems that none of these are duplicates (and no AUTO ACTIONS). Here's the start and end of the table _comprofiler_plugin_activity_hidden:

And the structure:

(For reference this site started in July 2018)

When I try to convert the empty assets and 0 objects to NULL, I get these errors:
#1048 - Column 'object' cannot be null
#1048 - Column 'asset' cannot be null

I'm sorry I didn't catch these as not being duplicates, I wasn't sure what I was querying for.

Should I change the table structure to allow NULL?

Thank You,
Tomás
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326860 by krileon
It's because `asset` and `object` columns didn't modify to support NULL for whatever reason. The code is there and has been tested, but something with your database is preventing it. It's just not possible for me to cover every scenario.

At any rate please try installing latest CB Activity build release as I've removed the unique index so it should be fine now. Next major release of CB Activity will be migrating those away into their own database tables (looks like it'll be around 7 tables to cover all hidden cases).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

2 years 5 months ago #327043 by micheleq
Thank you,
I have been able to update without any errors on 2 different sites. The new update successfully updated the table to use NULL as default value.
Thank you,
Tomás
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn