[SOLVED] drop down list

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326806 by jimnels0
[SOLVED] drop down list was created by jimnels0
specify width of values?

Error
Chiropractic College : Please enter a valid Chiropractic College: maximum 24 characters: you entered 84 characters.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326814 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic drop down list
I don't understand what you're asking. You don't want the character limit on your field? Edit the field in CB > Field Management and empty its "Maximum Length" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326817 by jimnels0
Replied by jimnels0 on topic drop down list
sorry for the confusion. When somebody selects an item in the drop down and try's to save, it gives the error:
"Chiropractic College : Please enter a valid Chiropractic College: maximum 24 characters: you entered 84 characters."
I do not see the "maximum length" setting. that sounds like it would solve it.
I see "size" which is how many items will show in the drop down, but no Max Length.
So when they hit save it gives above error. Table field size it Text that structure is not an issue.
Thanks

2 years 5 months ago #326820 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic drop down list
Did the field use to be a text field? Looks like leftover parameter from when it was a different field type. Switch it to text field type, empty "Maximum Length", save, switch back to select field type, then save again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326822 by jimnels0
Replied by jimnels0 on topic drop down list
very helpful. I changed it in phpmyadmin and max length did not show up. SO, I just edited field definition for comprofiler in phpmyadmin and edited the max field there. problem solved.Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn