GJ - Stream notification Auto Action for Emails

2 years 6 months ago #326826 by victoriakim
I made an email notification from a copy of the system action - GJ stream notification, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I don't think I changed any settings related to it.

Meanwhile, onsite stream notification still works well.

Both Stream Notification Edit and Stream Notification are still published. And a couple of screenshots from the auto-action are attached.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #326831 by krileon
Ensure your copy matches the system action under User and Conditions tab. Sometimes the system actions are updated and your copy won't receive those updates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 6 months ago #326838 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ - Stream notification Auto Action for Emails
That was it, thanks.

I have another question related to it. Under this GJ Stream Notification > Action ( email in my case), there is a field "From Address". Is this "From Adress" supposed to send the email from? I tested it and it didn't work.

2 years 6 months ago #326839 by krileon

Is this "From Adress" supposed to send the email from?

Yes.

I tested it and it didn't work.

It'll be a bit dependent on your mail server. Ideally you should use an email address with the same domain as your mail server. So for example trying to set it to a gmail address while emails are sent from your webhosts mail server is likely going to fail. I've reviewed the code as well and I don't see any obvious issues with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim

2 years 3 months ago #327721 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ - Stream notification Auto Action for Emails
Related to this topic,

According to the GJ stream notification, it can be toggled with a checkbox field named cb_notif_group_stream. Is this option only applied to onsite notification? Or it can be applied to the email notif (a copy of GJ Stream Notif system action)?

Thanks.

2 years 3 months ago #327748 by krileon
That only applies to on-site notifications and is just a condition against that field in that notification auto action. The email notifications sent by GJ can be toggled on each groups notifications page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn