problem display email after sending email by cb autoaction

2 years 2 months ago #327712 by chanteur94
Hi

On my site, I've changed of host (OVH to O2Switch), and changed PHP version (7.3 to 8.0)

I use cb autoaction to send email when a user login.

On OVH, the display was correct lile :
Connexion réussi sur 1vestir.immo de l'utilisateur :
xxx
xxx
(Généré par Auto-Action)

With O2Switch, I have :
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="fr-FR" lang="fr-FR" dir="ltr">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
</head>
<body>
Connexion réussi sur 1vestir.immo de l'utilisateur :<br>
<strong>xxxI</strong><br>
xxx<br>
(Généré par Auto-Action)
</body>
</html>

Any help.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #327713 by beat
Hello,
That looks like the text outputed as HTML.

Please make sure that you have latest versions of everything, and confirm versions.
Please check settings of your auto-actions (there are sometimes new settings with new versions), and re-save settings.

If problems persist, please provide versions screen-dump(s) of the auto-action settings.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 2 months ago #327714 by chanteur94
i'm using Joomla 3.10.4, PHP 8.0.14, CB last version and CB Autoactions latest version 9.0.0+build.2021.12.22.15.18.17.7ca6bcbfc

Action Type : email
Trigger : onAfterUserLoginSuccess
Action Mode : HTML
Mailer Mode : Default CB -> What is the Default CB ? The same that Defaut JOOMLA ? (actually PHP Mail in Joomla configuration)

Result : the text outputed is like HTML and UTF-8 are not interpreted (not understood)

2 years 2 months ago #327715 by chanteur94
This morning I've made a test : I change PHP version 8.0.14 to 7.4 and it works !

So ?

2 years 2 months ago #327746 by krileon
Are all emails doing this or just emails sent from CB Auto Actions?

Mailer Mode : Default CB -> What is the Default CB ? The same that Defaut JOOMLA ? (actually PHP Mail in Joomla configuration)

That setting lets you customize the mailer completely. For example using a separate SMTP server than Joomla. So yes "Default CB" is just whatever your Joomla configuration is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #327761 by chanteur94
Same problem with sending Mail to CB User.

probably a problem between joomla 3.10.4 phpmailer and PHP 8.0

I've found some forum about this but no solutions.

PS : I send mail with Joomla User and it works.

So, there is something between PHPMailer and CB.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn