[SOLVED] ProfileWall commenting

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #327727 by pbump
[SOLVED] ProfileWall commenting was created by pbump
Just upgraded to Pro tonight - really didn't think I'd be testing support so soon. I've done something (unintentionally) to disallow commenting on ProfileWall entries. I can add posts all day, but neither author nor reader can post comments. I've been a few hours looking - and I can't figure out what I've broken. Any pointers? Joomla 4 and fresh installs of CB.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327731 by pbump
Replied by pbump on topic ProfileWall commenting
So I think I half answered my question. I don't think I understood the differences between ProfileWall, ProfileBook, and Activity. Usage examples of ProfileWall and Activity might help my brain. So I have Activity working (almost) as expected with comments and such. Having a bear of a time getting Privacy to work for Public. Seems users have to be "connected" before anything is visible, regardless of privacy setting? I'll refrain from opening another topic until told to! Certainly enjoying learning a new platform.

2 years 3 months ago #327732 by pbump
Leave me alone long enough and I'll get there....had a connection cross connect mistake that was causing what I thought was a privacy issue. Corrected. Only thing left is to better understand ProfileWall.

2 years 3 months ago #327753 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ProfileWall commenting
CB ProfileBoook isn't really needed anymore. It's Wall/Guestbook are replaced by CB Activity and its Blog is replaced by CB Blogs. You can still use them if you want to, but it's not really necessary. Guestbook can still be handy in some situations though like if you wanted to use it as a way of reviewing profiles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #327762 by pbump
Thanks very much for the explanation. I thought I was seeing overlap!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn