[SOLVED] (Re)send confirmation with a cc to administrator

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #327854 by hans1966
We see that users forget to confirm their email adress during the registration process. At this moment, the administrator must check the list of users to detect new users that have forgotten to confirm their email adress. Is it possible to send a cabon copy to the administrator if new user started the registration process? Is it also possible to automate the resend confirmation process (e.g. resending a new message after 1 day if a new user has not confirmed his email adress)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327857 by krileon

Is it possible to send a cabon copy to the administrator if new user started the registration process

You can send a custom email using CB Auto Actions and its Email action if you like otherwise the normal new user registration email will be sent once a user confirms their email address.

Is it also possible to automate the resend confirmation process (e.g. resending a new message after 1 day if a new user has not confirmed his
email adress)?

Using CB Auto Actions and its Batches feature with a custom auto action to resend confirmation would be the only way to automate that. Aside from that you can occasionally resend confirmation manually from CB > User Management using the button at the top.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #327858 by hans1966
Many thanks for your quick response. With respect to the first issue, which trigger(s) and condition(s) do I need to use to send a cabon copy email if a new user started the registration process?

2 years 3 months ago #327875 by krileon
The below auto action can be used to send an email immediately after a user registers.

Global
Triggers: onAfterSaveUserRegistration
Type: Email
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody

Now under Action configure the email to be sent as needed. Substitutions are supported here so if you use [name] for example it will be the name of the person who registered.

Please keep in mind CB does send a new user registration email. We just don't send it until they've confirmed their email address to avoid it being used as a means to spam moderators.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hans1966

2 years 3 months ago #327890 by hans1966
Thanks! You solved my problem!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn