Kunena GroupJive Integration

2 years 3 months ago #327962 by webiedesign
Kunena GroupJive Integration was created by webiedesign
I am not getting the integration to work as described in the video tutorial. I have reached out to the Kunena team as well since I am unsure how these 2 components "see" each other.
Joomla 4.0.5
Community Builder 2.6.4+build.2022.01.04.22.00.38.045bcf7e0
Kunena v6.0.0-BETA7-DEV_2022-01-07
PHP Version 8.0.13
Kunena - Community Builder Integration is published
CB Group Jive Forum Plugin shows no categories.
Kunena has category with CB Access, but Kunena doesn’t see any group Jive groups.

Mary
webie-design.com
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327967 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena GroupJive Integration
Create a top level category within Kunena > Categories to hold all of GJs group forums. Next in CB GroupJive Forums > Parameters > General set "Forum" to "Kunena" and "Category" to that top level category you created. That's all you need to do. If you've existing GJ groups re-save them for it to create their categories in Kunena and all future new groups will do so automatically on create.

Kunena v6.0.0-BETA7-DEV_2022-01-07

None of this is tested with Kunena 6.0.0. We don't test or integrate with beta releases. I just don't have that kind of time. Once it's stable we'll check our integrations to make sure they're still functional. For now I've reconfirmed this is working fine on Kunena 5.2.8.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #328012 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic Kunena GroupJive Integration
I have done what you have outlined (and redone it as well) without success. I understand about the beta release, however, I understand the final release will be happening soon.

Mary
webie-design.com

2 years 3 months ago #328015 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena GroupJive Integration
We'll retest the implementation once stable is available. I just don't have the time to deal with testing integrations against betas. The dropdown being empty suggests possible API changes for the categories API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn