Can we forbid specific user from subscribing (cbsubs)?

1 year 9 months ago #329827 by liaskas
Hello

We are in need of a solution that will solve us some problems that we have with some of our registered users.

Our community is set so that only subscribed members (cbsubs) can access some online services.

Is there a way to forbid specific users to subscribe or renew their subscription through cbsubs?

Example...

User has activated a monthly subscription that ends in 15 days. Since the beginning of the subscription we have noticed that this user is bothering other members in inappropriate ways. We do not want to delete his account because he has already paid.

What we thought is redirect this user whenever he tries to access the plans selection page (just a thought we have not tried).

Is there another way of doing this?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329831 by krileon
Probably easiest way to deal with that is block them using CB AntiSpam on the same date their subscription expires. CB AntiSpam lets you schedule blocks in advance.

The only way to block the renewal would be CB Auto Actions as renewals don't have conditions. Probably using the onCbSubsBeforePaymentBasket or maybe onCPayAfterPlanRenewalSelected by redirecting away using a Redirect action and conditioning against their user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn