Field Tags and Search in List

1 year 9 months ago #329895 by senclave
Field Tags and Search in List was created by senclave
Hi,

I have a TAG field with 4 options to choose from, the users sometimes add new tags that are not present in the default list, and those new ones are stored properly in the db, this is awesome as it improve the tagging but... when searching in a list, the dropdown list only shows the tags created in the field itself but not the user added ones. There is any workaround or it can be updated to include those new tags in the dropdown list it order to be searched? Otherwise, that valuable information can't be located.

Best

J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329902 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field Tags and Search in List
That's working as intended. Tags are per-user. If you want to search for a custom tag you'll need to type that tag into the search as the searching allows custom tags as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329909 by senclave
Replied by senclave on topic Field Tags and Search in List
Ok thanks for the fast reply,

In my opinion would be good to list the customs tags as well in the dropdown list in the search field because: how to know what custom tag a given user added? By example, if you have the default tag options: 1)Happy 2)Sad 3)Upset and the user added a custom tag: 4)Energetic 5)Bored and another user added 6)Excited, you would need to type any word that come to your mind until by luck you match a custom tag, otherwise they will not show in the search. In my opinion, no custom tag should be allowed if it can't be searched.

Just my personal opinion
Thanks
J

1 year 9 months ago #329920 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field Tags and Search in List
I understand your opinion, but it can't work. What if you have 1000 users and those 1000 have 5 custom tags? That's thousands of options in the dropdown. If you see common tags being used you're welcome to edit the field and hardcode those tags in so they're available to everyone. At this time there are no plans to do this. Maybe in the future it will have live search autocomplete to filter against the database when typing a custom tag, but for now it does not. Again, you can search custom tags just simply type them in as you would on profile edit and it is not case sensitive either so searching "Custom" will find "custom", etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: senclave

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn