| 
Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Login page appears blank after login

[SOLVED] Login page appears blank after login 3 years 3 months ago #166045

Hi,

My hosting company have upgraded there server from php5.2 to php5.3

1. Now the front end Community Builder login goes to a blank page after login
2. Also the Joomla administration page is doing the same, so I can't administer the site:
www.humminbird.com.au/administrator

How can I fix these two major issues?

Thanks

Dave
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by krileon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Login page appears blank after login 3 years 3 months ago #166061

• nant
  • nant
  • Administrator
    Administrator
davidashurst77 wrote:
Hi,

My hosting company have upgraded there server from php5.2 to php5.3

1. Now the front end Community Builder login goes to a blank page after login
2. Also the Joomla administration page is doing the same, so I can't administer the site:
www.humminbird.com.au/administrator

How can I fix these two major issues?

Thanks

Dave

If you are not on CB 1.4 (please next time give version numbers), then upgrade to it.

CB 1.4 supports PHP 5.3.

If you are on PHP 5.3, then your issue is not CB related or Joomla related - it must be related with something else you installed.

You can turn on Joomla debugging to see more information about real error or you can check your server error logs.

Re: Login page appears blank after login 3 years 3 months ago #166292

Hi,

I can't login to www.humminbird.com.au/administror or the Community Builder login Modules on the front end of the humminbird.com.au site . The pages appear in the browser, but after login a blank page appears.

The story so far:
1. Im using Joomla 1.5
2. All was working fine before the hosting company upgraded from PHP 5.2 to 5.3
3. For testing purposes, I transferred my site to my local machine and tested the site using MAMP running PHP 5.1 and all worked OK
4. I then upgrade my Community Builder from 1.3 to 1.4 and it still worked on my local testing environment
5. I transferred the site to the hosting server and the blank pages - after login, occurred again
6. I upgraded my core Joomla to 1.5.23, using the server admin tools and the same symptoms occurred
7. All my other modules and extensions used on the site are not a problem as they function OK on my other sites
8. I have looked at the Sever error logos and the following errors occurred:

[Wed Jun 08 21:05:50 2011] [error] [client 203.52.133.108] File does not exist: /home/boatingl/public_html/www.humminbird.com.au/404.shtml
[Wed Jun 08 21:05:50 2011] [error] [client 203.52.133.108] File does not exist: /home/boatingl/public_html/www.humminbird.com.au/favicon.ico
[Wed Jun 08 21:00:07 2011] [error] [client 203.52.133.108] File does not exist: /home/boatingl/public_html/www.humminbird.com.au/404.shtml, referer: www.humminbird.com.au/community/join-humminbird/login.html
[Wed Jun 08 21:00:07 2011] [error] [client 203.52.133.108] File does not exist: /home/boatingl/public_html/www.humminbird.com.au/favicon.ico, referer: www.humminbird.com.au/community/join-humminbird/login.html
[Wed Jun 08 20:55:47 2011] [error] [client 220.236.34.172] File does not exist: /home/boatingl/public_html/www.humminbird.com.au/404.shtml[Wed Jun 08 20:55:47 2011] [error] [client 220.236.34.172] File does not exist: /home/boatingl/public_html/www.humminbird.com.au/favicon.ico

9. When I login in the front end the html code for login.html is not being generated, which is probably why a blank page is occurring
10. When I login to the back end using the administrator its showing a 404.shtml (whatever that means)

Can you please help me to resolve the issues above

Thanks

Dave

Re: Login page appears blank after login 3 years 3 months ago #166372

• krileon
  • krileon
  • Administrator
    Administrator
CB 1.4 supports PHP 5.3 perfectly fine. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done re-test logging in and review any on-screen errors. None of the provided from your server error log give hint as to what the issue is. It's possible you've a CB plugin installed that is NOT PHP 5.3; please try disabling CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved as well.
Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Tutorials + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Tutorials - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Advanced, Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Advanced, Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
--
If you use Community Builder, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re: Login page appears blank after login SOLVED 3 years 3 months ago #166437

Hi,

All is working!
I re-installed the CB 1.4 log-in module and CB 1.4 core and did a clean up of extensions/modules/components on my local testing MAMP sever. Uploaded the site to back to the server and bingo
Many thanks

Dave
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds