[#2864] Resend Confirmation email not working

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #176994 by mathorn
CB: 1.7
Joomla: 1.5.21
Rocket Theme Template: Somaxiom
Website also Using: K2 v2.4.1, JCE v1.5.7.4, qContacts
PHP: 5.2.17

Been wrestling with various email issues for a while now.

Using the "Resend Confirmation Email" button, all I get is "Sent confirmation emails to 0 users" on a blank CB Admin area page.

I can probably live without this function but I'm thinking it may be part of some larger email issue that still exists.

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177112 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Resend Confirmation email not working
You need to select what users you want it to resend to. Please select their checkboxes then use the feature. This only resends if they're not already confirmed. It does not apply to non-approved users only non-confirmed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177131 by mathorn
Replied by mathorn on topic Re: Resend Confirmation email not working
Right. That's the way I used it.

I tried selecting all the non-confirmed users. No joy.

I then tried just selecting one of the non-confirmed users. Same thing.

I just went back in and tried it again.

First I selected one user that was not enabled, confirmed or approved. No mail sent.

Then I selected a user that was approved but not enabled or confirmed. No mail sent.

Then I set a user to be both enabled and approved, but not confirmed and tried to send to him. No mail sent.

Then, to confirm the site was able to email, I used the "Mass Mailing" feature and sent an email to the user that was not enabled,confirmed or approved and it went out just fine.

12 years 7 months ago #177175 by krileon
I believe user must be disabled and non-confirmed. Seams to work fine in all my tests. Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177193 by mathorn
Replied by mathorn on topic Re: Resend Confirmation email not working
As I said before...

Then I selected a user that was approved but not enabled or confirmed. No mail sent.

It seems to not work properly even with the criteria that you "believe" it needs to work.

Forget it. I've uninstalled the component. Too many issues.

12 years 7 months ago #177327 by krileon

It seems to not work properly even with the criteria that you "believe" it needs to work.

With my previous reply I was also happy to review your install, no PM received, if it did not work.

Forget it. I've uninstalled the component. Too many issues.

Then help us make it better. CB is open source and community driven. Contributes are greatly welcomed.

At any rate best of luck to you in your future extension findings and hope you're able to build the site you're wanting. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn