[#2864] Resend Confirmation email not working

12 years 6 months ago #179919 by houfton
Replied by houfton on topic Re: Resend Confirmation email not working
In the spirit of making things better, I don't think anything about the Resend Confirmations feature has yet made it into the 1.7 manual (or CBSubs 1.2.2 manual). I understand it is a new feature (and writing documentation is a hell of a job) but that might help people make use of it.

Also, the Send Mails button next to it takes you to a second page which tells you who is going to be emailed (amongst other things), whereas the Resend Confirmations button sends emails immediately. I think it would be better if both used a second page - mainly because the thought of sending hundreds of emails by mistake frightens me!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179921 by gcom
I have the same Problem here:
I have some not confirmed and not enabled users here and when I check one of them and klick on the "resend confirmation" Button it says "Sent confirmation emails to 0 users" and it's not lying: there is no confirmation sent at all.
The users I want to resend the confirmation are approved though...
I'm running CB 1.7 on Joomla 1.5.23
Funny thing: on the fith try it finally sent the confirmation mail...
Attachments:

12 years 6 months ago #179935 by nant

houfton wrote: In the spirit of making things better, I don't think anything about the Resend Confirmations feature has yet made it into the 1.7 manual (or CBSubs 1.2.2 manual). I understand it is a new feature (and writing documentation is a hell of a job) but that might help people make use of it.

Also, the Send Mails button next to it takes you to a second page which tells you who is going to be emailed (amongst other things), whereas the Resend Confirmations button sends emails immediately. I think it would be better if both used a second page - mainly because the thought of sending hundreds of emails by mistake frightens me!

The CB 1.7.1 manual will be revised to include this new CB feature.

If anyone has exact steps to reproduce any issue with the functionality, then please do so.

12 years 6 months ago #179977 by gcom
I would but I cant reproduce: I wanted to complain that it's not working too (it didn't work several times before) but when I made a screenshot to show it wasn't working it started to work....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn