Field Order in Registration vs. Field Order in Tab

12 years 6 months ago #177465 by guynumber6
This is probably easier than I am making it but I haven't found the answer anywhere.

I would like the field order in the registration process to be very specific, however, when looking at the data in the users profile, I want it split out on tabs differently than during the registration.

I have reordered the fields but it doesn't show the changes.

Is there a grouping setting that I am missing somewhere? Or a trick to do this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #177709 by krileon
Field order is the same for registration and for profile edit. The only order that you can adjust that's different from profile display is for tabs. When editing a tab you're able to specify a registration order for that tab, but no such feature exists for fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247402 by carin

Field order is the same for registration and for profile edit. The only order that you can adjust that's different from profile display is for tabs.

Will that change in Community Builder 2.0? A different field order for registration and for profile view is a must have!

cheers

CB 2.0

9 years 8 months ago #247425 by krileon

Will that change in Community Builder 2.0?

No.

A different field order for registration and for profile view is a must have!

Order will be completely irrelevant in a future CB 2.x release with layouts. You'll be able to order them however you want on a layout by layout basis. So there was no need to add another database column that'd quickly become irrelevant.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #247430 by carin
... what do you mean by "future CB 2.x release"? another 2 years? I hope not ... :)

CB 2.0

9 years 8 months ago #247438 by nant

carin wrote: Will that change in Community Builder 2.0? A different field order for registration and for profile view is a must have!

cheers

Chiming in here.

I cannot personally see why this feature is a must have in your opinion.

After CB 2.0 we have a specific list of high priority items that we will tackle first.

Some of these include: CB Gallery rewrite to support albums of different media types and other needed features, CB Activity stream to support wall posting, all plugins need to be released to fully support CB 2.0+ API instead of relying on legacy code, and other features on our list.

In the CB 2.X roadmap we also have a visual layour editor to allow people to visually lay out profiles with fields. I guess when that feature is implemented the different registration order / edit order / profile view order would make more sense.

So to be honest with you, this specific feature will not happen soon.

Can you point out if there is any other social script that does have this feature (not only for Joomla but for other environments also - for example facebook does not seem to have it unless I missed it somehow).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn