[SOLVED] Autorecurring payments not renewing

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #183802 by clwweb
I tested a plan, for 1 month and it should renew itself each month with an automatic payment through Authorize/Paypal.

I have tested it with Authorize, and the plan expired after 1 month but the ARB still continued.

As far as I can see the plan itself is set up correct with these variables:

Pricing tab:

Pricing/validity: Always same
Regular price: $4.99
Regular validity: 1 month
Total num occur: 0

Prorate: yes
Bonus time: no
Renewable in adv: 1 mo
Grace period: none
Manual renewal: renewal starts at exp or at payment date whichever happens last

Auto renewals: Yes: subscribe user to ARP

I also have a question about the setup in Authorize payment gateway area. For the silent post URL, should that be https: since the payment page is secured? does it matter if someone were to subscribe on the website through http://www.sitenameex.com VS sitenameex.com?

Do I need to setup any other variables in the Authorize merchant panel (the pdf setup guide didn't specify much), such as receipt url, response url, etc?

On a somewhat unrelated note, I had setup a testing plan with same variables above except it was setup as Free (price: 0) and renew ever 2 hours and renewal in adv only after expiration. When subscribed to that the user received about 40 duplicate emails that were for Manual renewal confirmation. Not sure if this was a bug or logic error caused it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185171 by clwweb
Tried another test, after the period the subscription has expired. The payment has gone through again, so it is recurring at least, just not the plan.

Any comment on this?

12 years 4 months ago #185188 by nant

clwweb wrote: Tried another test, after the period the subscription has expired. The payment has gone through again, so it is recurring at least, just not the plan.

Any comment on this?

Is this a Paypal or Authorize.net payment?

Please make sure that IPN on Paypal and Authorize.net ends are enabled.

12 years 4 months ago #185253 by clwweb
Authorize.net, my Paypal option has some sort of issue, so I have disabled it for now.

Everything is filled out on the CB side for the gateway, I might have missed some option on the Authorize.net panel though.

I configured the silent post URL, the md5, API login, and transaction key on Authorize.net.

Those are the only things setup that I can see.

12 years 4 months ago #185470 by nant
Please check your CBSubs history log for relevant messages that might show the cause.

12 years 4 months ago #185478 by clwweb
Nothing shows in the log for an update/insert on the day that it should have renewed the subscription.

There are some errors in the logfile, but I think they are triggered when entering the shopping cart, and related to the promotion plugin.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn