[SOLVED] GroupJive Documentation

12 years 2 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #189368 by degard
[SOLVED] GroupJive Documentation was created by degard
Where do I find any documentation about how to configure groujive?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #189372 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive Documentation
Install documentation is included with the GJ package. Please unzip the package and it should be there. Beyond that there is no further documentation, sorry. GJ is rather straight forward. To customize beyond defaults please ensure you read very carefully what each parameter does (descriptions to the right of inputs).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #189381 by degard
Replied by degard on topic Re: GroupJive Documentation
Hi,

since GJ is with costs, what you call

[quote="krileon" post=189372straight forward.[/quote]

it is just poor and not professional.

I am sitting since hours trying to find out

- what does a "category"?
- what is the difference to "groups"?
- why does a group creation creates a kunena category?
- how do I get uners into a group
- and so on ...

I will evreybody recommend to avoid a complex product like that, where the developers do not find time, to decribe how things worked they developed.

Or ist this an indication, that the developers themselves do not no how it works?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #189385 by krileon

I am sitting since hours trying to find out

Why? Just post on the support forums and we will help you. There's no reason to sit hours upon hours confused; we're here to help.

- what does a "category"?

A category is a container for groups. Example:

Sports (Category)
- Football (Group)
- Hockey (Group)
- Soccer (Group)

- what is the difference to "groups"?

Please see above example.

- why does a group creation creates a kunena category?

Because you installed and configured the GJ Forum Integration. So it will then create Kunena forum categories for GJ Categories and Groups.

- how do I get uners into a group

You can force users into a group from Backend > CB > Plugin Management > CB GroupJive > Users or you can let them navigate to frontend, find a group they like, and click the "Join Group" menu link.

- and so on ...

Please continue; I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I will evreybody recommend to avoid a complex product like that, where the developers do not find time, to decribe how things worked they developed.

The installation documentation explains how to install, add category, add group, and reach the frontend. As for everything else all the parameters (configuration, category edit, etc..) come with descriptions of exactly what they do (to the right of all inputs).

Or ist this an indication, that the developers themselves do not no how it works?

I am the sole creator of GJ and am fully aware of how it works. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. We've plans in the future to create full documentation for GJ as we've done for CB and CBSubs.

The best example for what GJ provides is to see Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc.. Groups. GJ is designed to provide users with groups of interest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #189423 by degard
Replied by degard on topic Re: GroupJive Documentation

krileon wrote: You can force users into a group from Backend > CB > Plugin Management > CB GroupJive > Users or you can let them navigate to frontend, find a group they like, and click the "Join Group" menu link.

How?

in "CB > Plugin Management > CB GroupJive > Users" i see not the (general) CB / joomla users.

When I go to "Community Builder > User Management > user1" there is no way to put him in a group, since there are no groups listed

12 years 2 months ago #189437 by krileon

in "CB > Plugin Management > CB GroupJive > Users" i see not the (general) CB / joomla users.

Navigate to CB > Plugin Management > CB GroupJive > Users. Click "New", specify a user_id (e.g. 62, you can find user_ids within CB > User Management), select a "Group", and select a "Status", then click "Save".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn