CB Connect tutorials out of date

10 years 1 month ago #240217 by plainhavoc
CB Connect tutorials out of date was created by plainhavoc
Hi, I've been attempting to follow the tutorials for CB connect, and not having much luck. Everything is set up as close as I can follow, but the Google+, Win Live, and FB logins are all reaching white screens in the pop-up window when trying to register, and/or link accounts.

The UI for Google's Developer Console has changed dramatically, and causes more confusion.
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/99-plugins/18369-cb-connect-how-to-configure-google

And for the Windows Live Connect Developer Center, I was looking for information on where the best redirect would be. Just http://"mysite.com"/ doesn't seem to work either.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/99-plugins/18368-cb-connect-how-to-configure-windows-live

I'm not trying to gripe. I like solving puzzles, and I know that these 3rd party sites change quite often, and keeping track would be difficult. Was just hoping for something a bit more up-to-date as far as instruction.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #240257 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect tutorials out of date
The tutorials will be updated with next release of CB Connect. I just have not had the time as CB 2.0 has priority. The URLs you need are provided in the backend of CB Connect (e.g. CB Connect > Configuration > Google > Application) unless they've changed for whatever reason on the social sites end. For windows live do not include a trailing slash so you'll need to supply "example.com".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: plainhavoc

10 years 1 month ago #240348 by plainhavoc
Replied by plainhavoc on topic CB Connect tutorials out of date
Thank you for your reply. Again, I do not wish to sound negatively toward the product, or the services you offer.

You guys rock with all you have done, and I just wanted to let readers know that I am in no way dissatisfied. It has been well worth the money thus far. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

9 years 11 months ago #244101 by walkyrie
Replied by walkyrie on topic CB Connect tutorials out of date
Hi!

I agree, the appearance of third art tools have change... However, the joomlapolis tutorials are still useful.

plainhavoc wrote: Hi, I've been attempting to follow the tutorials for CB connect, and not having much luck. Everything is set up as close as I can follow, but the Google+, Win Live, and FB logins are all reaching white screens in the pop-up window when trying to register, and/or link accounts.

I exactly met the same problem (white screen with FB, twitter, G+ login, under firefox, and popup closed but no change under IE). Dis you solved your problem Plainhavoc?

Thank you for your answer!

9 years 11 months ago #244181 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect tutorials out of date

I exactly met the same problem (white screen with FB, twitter, G+ login, under firefox, and popup closed but no change under IE). Dis you solved your problem Plainhavoc?

Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done be sure to re-test carefully for any error output. Also be sure you're using the latest release of CB Connect. Next release will have better debugging features built in so it's easier to see what's going wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn