[SOLVED] Privacy not respected in CB members list

10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #242933 by jhaines
Running J1.5.26, CB1.9.1, CB Privacy 3.1.0 (just upgraded *from* CB1.7.1 / CB Privacy 1.3).

My site is configured such that user profiles are available only to registered users and all but a few fields are fixed private. I have phone and email fields for which users can select privacy. Before upgrade privacy settings for these fields were respected in both profile and members list views. Since upgrade, privacy settings are respected only in profile view, but they're ignored in the members list. I'm logged in as an ordinary registered user (not manager/admin). I have CB privacy as the first item in the plugin list. The contact tab on which these fields appear is public access / registered group.

Any idea what's up please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 weeks ago #243028 by Michael2014
Replied by Michael2014 on topic Privacy not respected in CB members list
I have absolutely NO idea what is going on. BUT I´d like to suggest to use the conditionals plugin instead to let the users select what they want others to see and what not. Works great for me.

10 years 3 weeks ago #243068 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy not respected in CB members list
There's a known bug that privacy doesn't work in userlists if you've set empty fields to hide.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4343

Please see the below for a quickfix.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/223359-solved-cb-privacy-plugin-not-showing-quserq-option?start=24#237108

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 weeks ago #243102 by jhaines
Replied by jhaines on topic Privacy not respected in CB members list
Okay, that's the problem. Not so pretty, but no disaster. Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn