500 error installing com_comprofiler

10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #243196 by autobahn
500 error installing com_comprofiler was created by autobahn
I have started installing CB 1.9.1 on a Joomla! 2.5.7 installation. Everything seemed to be going well (if a bit slow) until I got to the end of the install where I would expect to see the Installation complete page. Instead I got a 500 Internal Server Error.

I have checked all the options in the backend - everything seems to have installed and there are no warning or error messages.

There is nothing obvious in the server error log. The last four errors are the same:
File does not exist: /home/autobahn/public_html/500.shtml, referer: www.autobahnstormers.org.uk/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=install

Can I continue with installing the next component or should I uninstall and start again?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 weeks ago #243199 by nant
Replied by nant on topic 500 error installing com_comprofiler
Turn on Joomla debug to maximum level and try and install again.

10 years 3 weeks ago #243204 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic 500 error installing com_comprofiler
Thanks for getting back to me.

Joomla debug was already set to maximum on both my attempts to install. I didn't get any errors or warnings and everything is there. I've been in to everything and even done CB configuration changes to try and generate errors but everything looks clean.

10 years 3 weeks ago #243250 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 500 error installing com_comprofiler
How are you install CB 1.9.1? The extensions 1 by 1, CB Quickstart Pro, or a package generated by our Package Builder? With debugging on you don't get the 500 error or you are still getting the 500 error (confused by first and latest reply)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 weeks ago #243257 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic 500 error installing com_comprofiler
The intallation was done via the Joomla Extensions Manager upload & install. The file uploaded was com_comprofiler.zip.

Joomla debugging on and set to maximum.

Every stage of the install put a green (action successful) message and I got the 500 error at the end of install when I would expect to see the 'Install complete' message. No errors or warnings displayed.

I can go into the backend CB functions, run them and still get no errors or warnings.

10 years 3 weeks ago #243300 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 500 error installing com_comprofiler
It's probably throwing a 500 error during the second stage of install, which is to install core CB plugins. You'll need to review your server error logs to see what's going on as the error it self isn't being output. Normally when this happens CBs backend will ask you to complete registration, but if that's not displaying it's possible the entire install was successful.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn