problems installing plugins in Community Builder

9 years 11 months ago #243725 by micko1
I have had great difficulty installing plugins into CB...with both the browse method and the from directory method. I get a variety of error messages such as 'file not found', or when i click the file it just opens the file instead of installing it. Similar messages from directory install. Bluehost support folks have actually installed most of the plugins that have been installed.

I believe I have taken care of any permission issues.

I have tried to install using 3 users on my computer and i tried it with my brother-in-law on one of his computers...he is a computer professional and he could not get it to work either.

I would greatly appreciate some help with this!

Mike
Clownsforpeace.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #243818 by krileon
Please provide the exact message/error you're receiving when attempting to install a CB plugin. Please note you need to install a CB plugin from CB > Plugin Management (not Joomlas extension manager). Please see your documentation, which you can download from the Advanced downloads section for further instructions if you continue to have issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 11 months ago #243832 by micko1
I have only tried to install via CB plugin manager.

error message is:

bot_search_j25-110
File not found.
Check the file name and try again.

I have read guidelines and viewed tutorials...they always simply say browse to file and upload...I have done this before, for instance uploading pics to websites, and it has always worked and been easy...but this is not working

I was hoping you would give me further guidance

Mike

9 years 11 months ago #243837 by krileon
That's a Joomla search bot. That you do need to install within Joomlas extension manager as it's a Joomla search plugin to allow Joomlas search module to also search CB users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 11 months ago #243838 by micko1
Was that spelled out someplace in documentation? if so i missed it.

other plugins I could not install include:

tooltips-v3.6.0...from Joomla extensions directory

plg_users_same_email-1.0.2

also a template

36_on0_j10

should i try them also via joomla extension manager?

Mike

9 years 11 months ago #243844 by nant
Chiming in here also ... the term plugin was actually used in CB lingo long before the term was adopted by Joomla. The Joomla term (from Mambo days was bot, short for mambot).

So we tend to use the term CB plugin as much as possible to differentiate.

micko1 wrote: Was that spelled out someplace in documentation? if so i missed it.

Well the download description for the bot_search_j25-110 states:

Extend Joomla search functionality so it searches also in CB user profiles. Specify which CB fields are searchable. CB privacy plugin settings are respected. This is a Joomla plugin.

other plugins I could not install include:

tooltips-v3.6.0...from Joomla extensions directory

plg_users_same_email-1.0.2

also a template

36_on0_j10

should i try them also via joomla extension manager?

Mike

All these are Joomla extensions and need to be installed using the Joomla Extension Installer.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn