problems installing plugins in Community Builder

10 years 5 days ago #243899 by micko1
I assume you mean that the plugin is for 3.0 and that I have 3.0...I will do that with several joomla plugins that i have not been able to install.

i am also going to the public library right now to see if i can install on a different computer.

be back to you in a bit.

thanks again

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 days ago #243903 by krileon
What computer you install from shouldn't matter. The extension you're trying to install is the CB Search Bot, which allows Joomla search module to also search CB users. It is installed through Joomlas extension manager. We provide a Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5/3.0 version, which can be downloaded from the Advanced downloads section. If you're having issues with other Joomla extensions aside from the ones we provide then the issue is likely with your Joomla install or server (probably tmp folder permission issue).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 days ago #243909 by micko1
I didn't know that the computer would not matter, so I wanted to rule that out.

I just tried installing several plugins via joomla, cb, and also via a JomSocial 14 day trial..i got variations of the same error messages...file not found...invalid file name..

re. joomla install problem...what options would I have to fix it?

re. server...I will check again with Bluehost, but they felt that problem was not at their end...

Mike

10 years 5 days ago #243926 by krileon
If multiple extensions are failing then there's certainly a problem on your site. Either with your Joomla install or with your server having bad Joomla permissions.

I suggest posting your issue to the Joomla forums or reviewing Joomlas documentation below regarding this. Please note Joomla nor us can really help you much with this as it's really a host problem.

docs.joomla.org/Why_can't_you_install_any_extensions%3F

In short it's usually due to a bad hosting configuration. Especially if you used your hosts panel to install Joomla instead of unpacking and going through Joomla installation normally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 days ago #243930 by micko1
OK thanks

i will study this and talk with host support...

would u recommend a fresh install of Joomla?

Mike

10 years 5 days ago #243934 by krileon
If you don't have much configured on the site then yes I recommend doing a clean install using Joomlas normal installation method. Especially if you used an install script process from your host as such usages almost always cause wrong file/folder structure permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn