[SOLVED] idiot guide to CB, and other newb questions

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #244135 by globalgridfree
I was wondering if anyone has a step by step instructions on how to set up CB?

1. what is the profile locations available for content?
2. how do you Setup CB plugins.

I am getting an error from CBgroupjive, whenever i try to use the kunena forum, from the front side only the forum tab work, and from the backend cant get into anything, the following picture is showing the front side on the left, backend on the right.

4th try is a charm?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #244139 by BuyitUK.co
Replied by BuyitUK.co on topic idiot guide to CB, and other newb questions
Hi, For Pro members there is a good user guide which covers most of the set-up. However, I have yet to work out how to apply Plugins to a new Tab.
Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: globalgridfree

9 years 11 months ago #244148 by nant

globalgridfree wrote: I was wondering if anyone has a step by step instructions on how to set up CB?

1. what is the profile locations available for content?
2. how do you Setup CB plugins.

I am getting an error from CBgroupjive, whenever i try to use the kunena forum, from the front side only the forum tab work, and from the backend cant get into anything, the following picture is showing the front side on the left, backend on the right.

4th try is a charm?

Reading the detailed guide should help you initially - after that post specific questions for specific answers.

Your error indicates that you need to increase PHP memory on your site.

You can ask your hosting helpdesk to help you with this as each host has its own method to increase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: globalgridfree

9 years 11 months ago #244155 by globalgridfree
Replied by globalgridfree on topic idiot guide to CB, and other newb questions
thanks for the information.
as i am still learning php, i was wondering what i have to change in the php file, here is what is from line 162-168

$input . '</td>'
. '<td>' . CBTxt::T( 'Enable or disable usage of page limit on videos. Requires Paging to be Enabled.' ) . '</td>'
. '</tr>'
. '<tr>'
. '<th width="15%">' . CBTxt::T( 'Page Limit' ) . '</th>'
. '<td width="50%">' . $input . '</td>

i have no idea what to edit in these fields any help would be appreciated.

9 years 11 months ago #244157 by globalgridfree
Replied by globalgridfree on topic idiot guide to CB, and other newb questions
Well i got that fixed now another error from the same file

Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in plugins/cbgroupjivevideo/cbgroupjivevideo.php on line 112

The error was detected in the Cbgroupjivevideo - Cbgroupjivevideo Plugin.

this is the php string for those lines

$return = '<div class="gjVideoApproval">'
. '<form action="' . cbgjClass::getPluginURL( array( 'plugin', 'video_approval' ) ) . '" method="post" name="gjForm" id="gjForm" class="gjForm"><input type='hidden' name='__token_timestamp__' value='1398044664'><input type='hidden' name='__token_val__' value='0eb4ec66973da2e44c8ddae328c4d87c'>'
. ( $videoApprovalSearch && ( $pageNav->searching || $pageNav->total ) ? '<div class="gjTop gjTopRight">' . $pageNav->search . '</div>' : null );

9 years 11 months ago #244186 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic idiot guide to CB, and other newb questions
You've invalid PHP somewhere. As the syntax error is thrown in cbgroupjivevideo.php my guess is somewhere before line 112 you've made a invalid change to the PHP. With that said we do not assist with custom coding; especially regarding modifications to core code. It's also unclear what exactly you're trying to do so I'm not sure what more to advise.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn