[SOLVED] Manual migration of Cb 1.9.1 data to joomla 3.2.3(auto-update fails from 2.5.19 to 3.2.3)

10 years 1 day ago - 9 years 11 months ago #244285 by kinwolf
I am having huge problem trying to migrate a website that has CB 1.9.1 from joomla 2.5.19 to 3.2.3. That website was once migrated from 1.5 to 2.5, using jupdate, so many something got left behind. Dunno. I don't think CB is the problem either.

I always get the following error after updating through the joomla update.

1062 - An error has occurred.

Duplicate entry '1' for key 1 SQL=-- -- Dumping data for table `jos_content_types` -- INSERT INTO `jos_content_types` (`type_id`, `type_title`, `type_alias`, `table`, `rules`, `field_mappings`,`router`) VALUES (1, 'Article', 'com_content.article',

I searched for days for a cause and solution, and I tried many solutions to problems that seems close to mine, but nothing helped. I finally posted on the joomla forums but I am now also contemplating starting fresh with 3.2 and recreating the content manually.

It's not a scary job, except for CB fields... I created many, and I mean many, custom fields in CB for the users profile(it's a karate association website, so not alot of news article, but ALOT of users with tons of custom fields related to exams, dojo they belong to, tournament participation and results, camp, etc...) I would hope not to have to recreate those manually.

Is there a tool that could help with that? I figure it would be like doing some kind of manual migration of CB. Is it doable?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 day ago #244305 by krileon
You shouldn't have to migrate anything from 2.5.19 to 3.2.3 as it's just an upgrade process. The below topic seams similar/same issue as yours on Joomla.org forums.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=710&t=814552

I suggest posting there if you've any further issues as there's a problem with your Joomla install or database it self. I do not recommend trying to migrate data, but instead to resolve the upgrade issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 11 months ago #244519 by kinwolf
I ended up building a blank joomla website and transfered the users, articles and CB tables then reinstalled and re-configured all the extensions and modules. There was always problems with the normal upgrade, no matter how I tried doing it. :S

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn