[SOLVED] Upgrade/Renewals Plan Display

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246328 by JoeGrande
[SOLVED] Upgrade/Renewals Plan Display was created by JoeGrande
Hi,

Not sure if I am setting my memberships up more complicated then they need to be, but seems that every way, I try to set it up, works great on new registrations but on the actual upgrade/renewal page I am having problems with my options showing up.

My objective:

The memberships include Magazine Subscriptions and Members Only content.The Magazine Subscriptions themselves have two plans, Club and Individual.The price for shipping I want to be included in the plan. Because the mail rate is different for USA residents and International residents I have set up my User case as below:

Upon Registration the following conditions are set

1.) User is given an option at registration

-Are you a USA resident?

If they choose 'Yes' then Parent Plan A with child plans is displayed. The Parent Plan has no price set, this is handled by the child plans options.

-Are you a Canadian/Overseas Resident?

If they choose 'Yes' then Parent Plan B with merchandise options is displayed. The Parent Plan has no price set, this is handled by the merchandise options.

Both work great on Registration, but it is renewals that are the problem.

On Plan B, when the membership has expired I get the following:

When I click on re-activate I get taken to the Thank you for subscribing Page, which makes sense becasue there is no price on it.

When I go to the subs page, it then gives me my options to choose from:

How can I set up a condition that will when the renew or reactivate button is chosen they are forced to choose an option.

On Plan A, I get the same treatment as Plan B, when the membership has expired. When I go back to the subs page, I get these options:

I understand that the parent plan and the child plan are not quite synced up with eachother and that is why I am seeing the reactivate and renew options, that is not the issue.

Basically, I want the member to be able to renew their plan and be able to choose the option that goes with the plan from the subscription page.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #246343 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrade/Renewals Plan Display

How can I set up a condition that will when the renew or reactivate button is chosen they are forced to choose an option.

You can't. Currently Upgrades and Renewals can not include multiple plans. It must be done plan by plan. Parent plans also are not Categories. They behave like any other plan; so keep this in mind when using them.

I recommend a different approach. Maybe instead of having all these plans you really only need 2. You then dynamically adjust the price based off the field value. This can be done using CBSubs Promotions.

First you'd need to setup 2 Negative (e.g. -20) promotions. A negative promotion increases the price instead of decrease. What you'll do is have 1 for US Shipping and 1 for Canada/Overseas Shipping. Next on the Conditions tab of each you'll want to condition against your field that's asking if they're a US Resident or not. This way you only have to maintain 2 plans and changing the shipping cost is as easy as editing the promotions. The alternative is just continue as is and they'll have to renew in 2 steps.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 9 months ago #246349 by JoeGrande
Replied by JoeGrande on topic Upgrade/Renewals Plan Display
Thanks Kyle, I was wondering if somehow using promotions would be a solution. Thanks for putting it so clearly. I will play around with this. I may be back for more inspiration :)

Cheers

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #255600 by JoeGrande
I realize this is going back away, as the site is still under development. I took your advise and using promotions, I am able to add shipping charges based on what CB option they choose- US, Canada and Overseas.

It was working up until last night. The mail rate options show up on existing users. I am even able to change the mail rate under a profile of an existing user, and when I upgrade, it will modify the mail rate and it shows in the cart upon paying.

However, the promotions stopped working on any new users I create. Even if I add a subscription, and then upgrade, it does not add the promotional (-shipping charges) based on the CB field selected.

Now the only change I made, was I noticed yesterday, that I was getting an virtuemart sql error when trying to modify a CBsub plan. After not being able to figure out the issue, I uninstalled the VM plugin (as it was not really needed anyway) in CB subscriptions and that resolved issue of not being able to modify cbsub plans.

Not sure how that would be related, but I did re-install in case removing broke something. Did not fix the issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

9 years 3 months ago #255609 by JoeGrande
I found the problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn