[SOLVED] GroupJive "group display" oddity

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #246392 by FSEconomy
I have 4 categories in my groupjive system. In 2 of the categories, when the group creator sets his "forums integration" to be "Enable: Yes", "Public: Yes", they (the forums) are not visible to the public from the front end when exploring the different categories/groups. In the other 2 categories, these groups' forums ARE visible to the public.

I have not been able to find any differences in the category settings within the back-end administrator area... however, I did see a difference in the "params" field of the database table "groupjive_categories".

I wonder what I might have set somewhere to prevent the forums from displaying in these 2 categories whenever the owner sets public:yes.

Here are some screenshots to clarify.

Database view of the params field:

Configuration of a group in all categories

What a non-group user sees on the front end for a group in this category (where forum_public=0 in the database):

What a non-group user sees on the front end for a group in a different category (where forum_public=1 in the database)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #246480 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive "group display" oddity
Category and Group settings work together. Check the Category Public setting along with the Group Public setting for the Forum integration. All of your screenshots are for the Group and not for the Category, which both look ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #246728 by FSEconomy
Replied by FSEconomy on topic GroupJive "group display" oddity
Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you... I had to leave town unexpectedly.

Check the Category Public setting

I assumed that the categories were involved, but I can't find a single difference between either of these settings anywhere within the Kunena category settings. The ONLY difference I have been able to find anywhere is that database field... but I can't figure out how to change it through the UI.

Here are some screenshots from the Kunena side of things.

Category #50 (everything works):

Category #71 (does not work):

9 years 8 months ago #246862 by FSEconomy
Any thoughts?

9 years 8 months ago #246869 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive "group display" oddity
You need to check the GroupJive Category, not the Forum Category. The GroupJive Category can shut off forums, which will shut off forums for its Groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #246904 by FSEconomy
The forums are working fine. All groups have forums. The issue is seeing the forums "tab", when you're browsing the group's "group page", when you're not a member of that group.
(at this URL: /groups/pluginclass?plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&cat=8&grp=174)

The GJ Category settings looks identical for all 4 categories, but there is nothing to indicate "forums". 2 of them work, and 2 of them don't.

On 5 May, I sent you a PM to log in to my site as both superuser and a regular test user, for a different issue. Do you still have that? I don't mind if you log in and prove me wrong.... but I cannot find a single setting that is different anywhere in the backend.

The ONLY setting that I can find anywhere that has an ounce of a difference is in the "params" field when I look directly in the database using:
select * from fsej_groupjive_categories

which results in:
id	published	parent	user_id	name	description	logo	access	types	create	create_access	nested	nested_access	date	ordering	params
2	1	0	237	FSE Flying Groups 2	1|*|2|*|3	1	2	0	8	2014-02-08 19:32:59	1	forum_id=39 forum_show=1 forum_public=0
11	1	0	237	Member Communities 2	1|*|2|*|3	1	-1	0	-1	2014-02-09 22:43:36	4	forum_id=71 forum_show=1 forum_public=0
7	1	0	237	Non-Flying Business 2	1|*|2|*|3	1	-1	0	8	2014-02-08 23:40:07	2	forum_id=49 forum_show=1 forum_public=1
8	1	0	237	3rd Party FSE Tools 2	1|*|2|*|3	1	-1	0	-1	2014-02-08 23:48:52	3	forum_id=50 forum_show=1 forum_public=1

Those 2 categories with "forum_public=0" do not work. Those 2 categories with "forum_public=1" both work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn