Privacy plugin use and documentation

9 years 8 months ago #246619 by mauroghiglia
Privacy plugin use and documentation was created by mauroghiglia
Hi all,

Joomla / Community Builder at last version, a fresh new installation.

I want some fields in a tab (textareas for now but I'll add some field types) not to be visibla by registered users and, most of all, I want them only visible and editable, via frontend, by moderators / administrators.

So I installed the privacy plugin and set a field this way:

Display: Normal CB Settings (for now it has no relevance if users can see field)
Edit display: Custom View access level (tried also with Moderators only edit display, but nothing changes)
Edit access: Super Users
Force Edit Display: Enabled (but also with Disabled nothing changes).

Ok, after that I access frontend with my Super User account, select a user from list, go to the tab containing the editable field and... nothing... it's stilla a textarea (it's not a "read only" field, background is white) that cannot be edited.

Am I missing something? I really don't find a complete documentation about this plugin, on the site.

Hope someone will help me...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #246657 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy plugin use and documentation
CB Privacy doesn't make a field editable on profile view. You need to edit the users actual profile, which is where you set it to be editable only by Super Users. If you want it editable on profile view you need to use CB Core Fields Ajax to make it ajax capable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn