Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 3

9 years 8 months ago #246982 by ramtinworld
Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 3 was created by ramtinworld
Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked on the forums before but we need to make sure we are on the correct path with this.

We are planning to upgrade from Joomla 1.5 to 3 and we are using CB modules together with Virtuemart etc on the site.

What is the best way to approach the upgrade? Do we need to upgrade all the plugins on the current site and then start a fresh setup with Joomla 3 to migrate everything?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247000 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 3
Best approach is to use a 3rd party migration extension then fix all the view access level and usergroup usages throughout CB. It's best to ensure you've latest CB and CB plugins before doing the migration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #247300 by ramtinworld
Replied by ramtinworld on topic Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 3
Thank you for your response.

I have started the process and I will be using Migrate Me extension for this upgrade.

I have upgraded CB plugin on both 1.5 and 2.5 servers.

Am I on the right path?

9 years 7 months ago #247319 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 3
Never heard of Migrate Me so no idea how well it migrates 3rd party extensions. Core Joomla usually migrates fine, but 3rd party extensions are either ignored or the Joomla user ID was changing causing 3rd party DBs to go out of sync. I know users have had success with SP Upgrade.

If migration works well and the user ids are not changed you'll then need to go through all of CB and correct the View Access Levels and Usergroups to J3.x values. Your Joomla 2.5 install isn't a migration though, just upgrade to J3.x after installing CB 1.9.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn