[SOLVED] GroupJive invitations not being sent from Hotmail

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246986 by pixel_wizard
Hello, I'm having issues with GroupJive invitations not being sent from Hotmail users. Other users seem to be able to sent invites fine and the invitee gets the message but users logged in with a Hotmail email address can't send invites from the site.

I imagine this is to do with the host's spam filtering as the email is sent from a @hotmail account but, of course, that doesn't match the domain.

Ideally I'd like all emails to be sent from the main admin email address to get around this so I set the main CB configuration to send emails from the main admin email address but this has no effect in GroupJive - emails are still being set as if they're from the user.

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #247001 by krileon
Within GJ > Config > Notifications set a From Name and From Address. This will force all the emails to send from that name and address.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pixel_wizard

9 years 9 months ago #247049 by pixel_wizard
Replied by pixel_wizard on topic GroupJive invitations not being sent from Hotmail
Hiding in plain sight. Thanks krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn