¿Is it possible create a tab that only is seen by the owner and user with special access level?

9 years 8 months ago #246988 by amdelamata
Hello CB Team,

We are developing a project using CB. It’s our first project with this component. In our registration form, some of them are public fields and other are protected fields. We group these fields in two tabs (public and protected).

Our requirements are:
  • Protected field tabs could be seen by the owner and by users with special access level (Author, editors, publishers, etc).
  • All users could modify their own protected fields
  • We need a list, only available for special users, in order to search for these fields.

Is there any way in order to do it? We read about CB Conditional, Is it this plug-in a way for us? One alternative for us could be showing this tab for the owner and for user with special value in a hide field. In this case, we need to upgrade our plan but we only need to do it if it’s possible to do it with this component. Is there any other way to do it?

Thank you very mucho for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247002 by krileon

Protected field tabs could be seen by the owner and by users with special access level (Author, editors, publishers, etc).

If it's just view access level you're wanting to restrict it to then you can edit your tab within CB > Tab Management and set the view access level as needed. If you're on Joomla 2.5 or 3.x create a new view access level that covers all your usergroup needs.

All users could modify their own protected fields

A users self and if enabled moderators are the only ones that can edit a users fields. This assumes they can access the tab the fields are on.

We need a list, only available for special users, in order to search for these fields.

Create a new userlist within CB > List Management and set its access to special and you're set.

Based off your requirements, no you don't need CB Conditionals or anything beyond core functionality. I suggest reviewing your documentation which you can download from the Advanced downloads section for further tab configuration and userlist usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #247003 by amdelamata
Krileon,

thank you for your answer.

your propousal was the first way than we take. In this case: The scenario is the folowwing:

Basic user with registered access level (User A)
Tab access level set to special

In this case, tab is not showm for its owner (User A) and whe User A click in edir button, tab with protected dato is nor shown and he can not change his protected data. I suppose that is ok (but is not good for us) because the user A acces leves is les than tab access level.

However, it's ok for user with special access level. they are able to see this tab in their profiles and in the rest of users profiles.

For this reason, we think that we need to show a tab for the owner and for user with special access level.

In'm sorry for my english level, it'snt my native languaje and it possible than i have some problem to explain this situation.

thank you for your help.

9 years 8 months ago #247063 by krileon
CB Privacy should be able to accomplish that. Just ensure the tab has "Display" set to "Moderator can control privacy" then set "Default" to "Private". Private tabs are accessible by the profile owner and CB Moderators only.

Due to a bug this won't work without the quickfix found in the below ticket being applied.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4193

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn