[SOLVED] Include hidden fields in profile lists

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #247167 by gabriel rodri
Hello

I want to create a list, but hidden fields do not appear in profile.
I want to go on the list these fields to a certain level of users.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247284 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Include hidden fields in profile lists
Fields need to be set to display on profile. To have them API accessible, but hidden on profile then move them to a tab in a not shown on profile position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #247400 by gabriel rodri
Replied by gabriel rodri on topic Include hidden fields in profile lists
Hello! Thank you for your answer.

If we set off hidden fields and show in other tab for users with access, then the normal user can't see this fields.

We are thinking in make a trigger in mysql for copy the hidden fields in other fields to show in this tab only for users whith level access.

Then, the normal user will can also see their hidden fields.

What do you think?

Thank you!

9 years 8 months ago #247423 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Include hidden fields in profile lists
Don't understand your usage. You want them visible on userlist, but not profile? or visible on userlist for everyone, but only visible on profile for a select few? You maybe able to use CB Privacy and its moderator privacy controls to set a custom access for the fields on profile view only. You could also use Delimiter (now Custom HTML in CB 2.0) fields and substitutions to substitute in your fields to a new tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #247511 by gabriel rodri
Hi

Thank you.

We are an association.
The record of each member has a tab with private data, hidden fields.
The user can view this information.

But administrators want web users can view this data. If we access ACL for that group, then the user can not see this tab in your tab.

The administrators not use backend joomla.

We plan to create duplicate fields, so that users administrators can view this data in the frontend. A tab to another tab the user and to administrators who have access.

To copy data to the hidden fields will display fields, we thought of doing creating a trigger in mysql.

Opinions?

9 years 8 months ago #247512 by gabriel rodri
Sorry

do not want the user to control their Privacy in the CB Privacy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn