[WORKAROUND FOUND] Reappearance of older "Abort pcl.pclziplib.php : Missing zlib extensions" error CB 1.9.1

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247700 by plainhavoc
Hi all, I just upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 with PHP 5.5.9

It appears that the zlib is installed however everything is asking for gzopen rather than the included gzopen 64.

This breaks CB's ability to upload extensions.

There is a patch for php that has been approved by those who have used it however I run into a problem here. I don't know how to patch the php itself.

Could someone give me some simple step by steps?
This is the patch location. bugs.php.net/patch-display.php?bug_id=53829&patch=zlib-largefile-function-renaming&revision=latest

I don't know the location of the source code in Ubuntu to even begin following any other tutorials out there. It isn't in usr/src to my knowledge.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but without this fix, CB becomes useless.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247702 by plainhavoc
I have found a workaround for anyone with this specific issue, and it only requires one small edit in the following location.

in 'joomla location'/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/pcl/pcl.pclziplib.php

around line 222 you will find
if (!function_exists('gzopen'))

Just add "64" to the end as so.
if (!function_exists('gzopen64'))

You will then be able to upload extensions while using Ubuntu 14.04 and PHP 5.5.9. This all stems from the new PHP versioning, and nothing was made to be backwards-compatible... So if you don't want this headache, stay with an earlier PHP version.

NOTE: I normally wouldn't recommend editing base files, so I ask developers to give this a peek just to check it against any other known issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

9 years 8 months ago #247788 by krileon
I recommend retesting this issue still exists in CB 2.0 as we've updated our libraries to latest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: plainhavoc

9 years 8 months ago #247807 by beat

plainhavoc wrote: I have found a workaround for anyone with this specific issue, and it only requires one small edit in the following location.

in 'joomla location'/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/pcl/pcl.pclziplib.php

around line 222 you will find

if (!function_exists('gzopen'))

Just add "64" to the end as so.
if (!function_exists('gzopen64'))

You will then be able to upload extensions while using Ubuntu 14.04 and PHP 5.5.9. This all stems from the new PHP versioning, and nothing was made to be backwards-compatible... So if you don't want this headache, stay with an earlier PHP version.

NOTE: I normally wouldn't recommend editing base files, so I ask developers to give this a peek just to check it against any other known issues.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Indeed that bug is heavily reported, and we have fixed it for upcomming CB 2.0 RC2.

Tracker item:
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4610

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, plainhavoc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn