Updating the CB profile fields values

9 years 7 months ago #248091 by philedouble
Updating the CB profile fields values was created by philedouble
How are you ?
Sorry for this beginner's question
Among the profile fields, the users have to indicate their country. There is a list of possible choices, among them “Itally”. For example 10 users have chosen “Itally”. Later I found my mistake and I wanted to replace the value “Itally” by “Italy”. After having corrected the value, I see that:
- The users who had the value “Itally” have now the value which is in the first position on the list of possible values.
- When I publish the user list, the value country is not changed, it remains “Itally”.
Of course I can correct the 10 users country one by one, but how to do it faster?
Thanks!
Ph

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #248105 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating the CB profile fields values
You'll need to query the _comprofiler database and correct all the incorrect values with an update query. As it's just 10 users though I recommend manually correcting the values. With CB 2.0 the Value and Label are separate so changing label wouldn't affect the stored value, but in CB 1.x the value and label are the same.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: philedouble

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn