Force existing users to fill out further fields in the registration form.

9 years 7 months ago #248795 by timstohr
Hi
Would it be possible for an already registered CB user (I have 2200 of them) to be forced back to the registration module. They would have to fill out a missing field which I need. I had forgotten it beforehand and cannot fill it out for myself for the 2200 users.

Bye

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248863 by krileon
Best I can suggest is set your login redirect to send them to profile edit. Professional subscriber plugin CB Progress Field can auto redirect to profile edit if a required field is incomplete, but it won't force them to stay there. For that you'd need a custom Joomla system plugin that checks a users profile data on every page load. If you know what value you want the field to have and they are all the same you could run a database query in phpmyadmin to update every row in _comprofiler.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.671 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn