Responsive form for CB registration

9 years 6 months ago #248878 by studiocardo
Responsive form for CB registration was created by studiocardo
Hi

In order to better support mobile device, I need to adopt a different registration form for my CB1.9 J3.2.2 site.

I have gone through the forum and I still haven't been able to find a good answer, so I am hoping you can help you on a couple questions.

I am using Yootheme's Lava template, which comes a beautifully tabbed registration/login/forget password form. But it's for Joomla login, not CB. So ideally I would like to use the Yootheme look but have the login/registration to CB (with UDF's). Any advice on how to start that and which files I need to modify and where to find them?

Also, is there a feature list for CB2.0? I think responsive login/registration form is a part of CB2.0, and by the sound of it, CB2.0 has a better job separating functions from presentation, and that suggests I can use templates from a 3rd party with little problem. Could you advise if that is the case?

regards,
SH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #248940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Responsive form for CB registration
CB 2.0 is completely responsive. Frontend and backend. It's designed to work on mobile, tablet, and desktop sizes. We've also taken care to ensure tooltips and menus can open with touch screens as well. As or CB 1.x the closest you can get to mobile friendly is probably the CB Bootstrap template.

CB 2.0 still uses its own template system. We won't have template overrides until CB 2.1. The CB 2.0 modules however are template override ready though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #250409 by studiocardo
Replied by studiocardo on topic Responsive form for CB registration
Krileon

Where can I find the document describing the difference b/n 1.9 and 2.0?

Thx,
SH

9 years 5 months ago #250412 by nant

9 years 5 months ago #250432 by studiocardo
Replied by studiocardo on topic Responsive form for CB registration
Hi Nand

Thank you for your quick reply. I just downloaded and installed 2.0. My first task is to create a HTML email for registration and welcome emails. From the previous forum postings, I believe it is now possible to do so in 2.0… Based on what I have seen so far, I assume I just dump all my HTML code into the Registration / Welcome Email Body? But that just doesn't seem right… The Joomla convention is to enable a HTML editor for all fields that allow HTML… Please advise what I should do.

Thank you for your help.

SH

9 years 5 months ago #250433 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Responsive form for CB registration

studiocardo wrote: Hi Nand

Thank you for your quick reply. I just downloaded and installed 2.0. My first task is to create a HTML email for registration and welcome emails. From the previous forum postings, I believe it is now possible to do so in 2.0… Based on what I have seen so far, I assume I just dump all my HTML code into the Registration / Welcome Email Body? But that just doesn't seem right… The Joomla convention is to enable a HTML editor for all fields that allow HTML… Please advise what I should do.

Thank you for your help.

SH

Yes that is right - just put your html code in the text area boxes.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn