"CB Profile" text in the breadcrumb path?

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #248909 by zingerdigital
"CB Profile" text in the breadcrumb path? was created by zingerdigital
In the breadcrumb path on a Profile Page, it shows...

"You are here: Home > CB Profile > User"

Can the text for "CB Profile" be changed? If so, how?

Also, can the "User" text be changed to a different field other that the name field?

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248941 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "CB Profile" text in the breadcrumb path?
We don't set that, Joomla does. It's whatever your Joomla menu item title to CBs profile page is. You'll need to navigate to Menus in Joomla backend and find that menu item then change its title as needed.

Also, can the "User" text be changed to a different field other that the name field?

It uses the formatted name. So whatever you've "Name Format" set to within CB > Configuration is what it'll display. Aside from that there's no way to change it without altering source code of the profile display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #249404 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic "CB Profile" text in the breadcrumb path?
The reason why I want to change the "User" text is the breadcrumb, is that I'm using the CB Profiles to be for businesses and not individuals. So showing the comapny name vs the formatname would be better.

Can you point me to the file that I would need to alter to change that?

would it just be a variable change from "formatname" --> "cb_companyname"?

Robert

9 years 6 months ago #249405 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "CB Profile" text in the breadcrumb path?
The breadcrumb value is from your Joomla menu item. CB does not set the "CB Profile" seen in your breadcrumb.

See the userProfile function of the below file. Please note we do not support core edits so I can not advise you any further.

components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.692 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn