Catagorizing Profile Members???

9 years 7 months ago #249002 by zingerdigital
Catagorizing Profile Members??? was created by zingerdigital
Outside of the Member list. Is there a way to Catagorize the Profile Memebers?

For example, like catagorizing by profession. Doctors, Lawyers, Mechanics...etc..

So the viewing users can browse through the Profiles by profession

Thanks,
Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #249015 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Catagorizing Profile Members???
No, that's basically the purpose of Userlists. You could create a list per profession and have a basic filter that fields your profession field as needed. There maybe some 3rd party extensions that could help categories users, but I'm not aware of any. You could also have users join GroupJive groups and have a group per profession, but it has no advanced searching features like a userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #249018 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic Catagorizing Profile Members???
Can there be sub-lists to the main list...

or am I limited to just the one level of lists, and I would need to use the pulldown on the member list page to view the other lists.

Robert

9 years 7 months ago #249028 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Catagorizing Profile Members???
No, there's no sublists. You'd just create multiple lists. There's already a dropdown present on the top right of your userlist to select a different list. You can see this functionality on our members list below.

www.joomlapolis.com/members

We also have a demosite with a basic userlist found below.

demotemplate.cbdemosites.com/index.php/users

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn