CB Default Template and Language?

9 years 6 months ago #249663 by zingerdigital
CB Default Template and Language? was created by zingerdigital
I am modifying the files in the default template directory....

(components>>com_comprofier>>plugin>>templates>>default)

...as well as the default_language.php file...

(components>>com_comprofier>>plugin>>language>>default_language)

...If I upgrade my Community Builder extension, am I going to lose my changes to these files/directories?

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249664 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Default Template and Language?

zingerdigital wrote: I am modifying the files in the default template directory....

(components>>com_comprofier>>plugin>>templates>>default)

...as well as the default_language.php file...

(components>>com_comprofier>>plugin>>language>>default_language)

...If I upgrade my Community Builder extension, am I going to lose my changes to these files/directories?

Robert

Correct.

For language case you should install a language plugin for your language and make changes there.

9 years 6 months ago #249667 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic CB Default Template and Language?
So whats the purpose of creating your own templates files in the in the template directory if your going to lose it for every upgrade???

9 years 6 months ago #249673 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Default Template and Language?

zingerdigital wrote: So whats the purpose of creating your own templates files in the in the template directory if your going to lose it for every upgrade???

You are not creating your own template files - you are modifying core files.

If you want to create your own copy the folder, rename it and make changes to those files.

9 years 6 months ago #249691 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic CB Default Template and Language?
What I have been doing is....

in the following directory...

components>>com_comprofier>>plugin>>templates>>

I made a backup of the "default" directory so I can revert back if I needed too. Then I've been modifying the files in the "default" directory to fit my needs.

I did try to copy the default directory and rename it, but my renamed template directory did not show in the configuration template pulldown.

So what is the best way to create my own template directory, and where should I place it so it won't get overridden with an update of the core files???

9 years 6 months ago #249860 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Default Template and Language?
Best I can suggest is review our templates like MyCommunity, which come with a CB template. Their CB templates are completely installable. Alternative is to clone the default, rename its folder, rename its PHP file, edit its PHP file and adjust its classes (template name is in the class names), then adjust its XML file as needed. You then need to package it and install it through CB > Plugin Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn