CB Default Template and Language?

9 years 6 months ago #249864 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic CB Default Template and Language?
So, with using your Alternative steps...All I need to do is.....

In the templates directory

1) copy the Default directory
2) rename the directory
3) rename the PHP & XML to the same name as the directory (adjust XML as needed)
4) package it to install it

Is that the correct step to create my own template?
If so, I have a couple questions on the steps.

Do all the files in the root of my template directory need to be reference in the XML as <filename> tags??? I just ask because looking at the Default template's XML, there's some other files in the root Default directory that is not listed in the XML file.

How do I go about packaging the newly copied template directory???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249912 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Default Template and Language?
You need to also edit the PHP file and change the class names as they include the template name. Without doing this step the PHP for your template won't work. Note if your template is just CSS changes you do not need to include a PHP file as it'll fallback to use the PHP file from the default template.

Don't use the default templates as examples. They're not installed like a normal plugin so their XML wasn't maintained. Use one of our templates like MyCommunity as a starting point as it's completely installable.

Regarding packaging it; once done you just zip it and install it through CB > Plugin Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #249914 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic CB Default Template and Language?
Where can I download the MyCommunity template directory???

Also where are the class instances of the template name in the PHP?? How many are there???

9 years 6 months ago #249957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Default Template and Language?
Our templates can be found in the below downloads section.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/downloads-single-items/cat_view/80-template-download-area

You need to edit the PHP file to see the class names (e.g. class CBProfileView_html_default).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn