Displaying GoogleMaps

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #250661 by fundsauce
Replied by fundsauce on topic Displaying GoogleMaps
Tried it in 2.0 as well as the 1.9.1 quick start pro. Both just don't work for me, there is just a location text field and an address test field. Plotting is enabled so I must be missing something. Do I need to change something else at all? I even tried entering the address on the example on the GJ promo picture of Broadway Avenue. Also tried it using postcodes, zip codes, anything I could think of. No avail.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250685 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Displaying GoogleMaps

fundsauce wrote: Tried it in 2.0 as well as the 1.9.1 quick start pro. Both just don't work for me, there is just a location text field and an address test field. Plotting is enabled so I must be missing something. Do I need to change something else at all? I even tried entering the address on the example on the GJ promo picture of Broadway Avenue. Also tried it using postcodes, zip codes, anything I could think of. No avail.

I just tried again on a J25/CB191 site and it works just fine.

After you enter an address in the address field and save the event the address becomes a link that is clicked on will open a popup window with google map.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fundsauce

9 years 6 months ago #250828 by fundsauce
Replied by fundsauce on topic Displaying GoogleMaps
Thanks Nant and Kyle,

Mine just looks nothing like that no matter what I try. The event address for me never becomes a link. I have tried it on four different templates(Protostar, Beez 3, plus two of the latest Joomla Bamboo templates). Tried it with JCE and TinyMCE editors as well as using WYSIWYG, plain text and HTML for the event editor. I tried it with CB 2.0 and BC 1.9.1Quick Start. I have done completely fresh joomla 3.3.6 installs with fresh php 5.4.32 databases each time. It is all on a completely empty server.

I am going to give it a rest for a day or so before I go back into the fray. I know it must be something that I have overlooked but damned if I know what. It doesn't seem to need a googlemap API key that I could find, perhaps I need to download an additional library, create or edit a field for the address?

Anyway, Many thanks again guys.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn