Error: CB Login module not created (required).

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256977 by MaxDurango
Replied by MaxDurango on topic Error: CB Login module not created (required).
Thanks for a response, I am bitter but I am really looking for a solution so I hope you can help me.

CB may have been re-written, but login module really needs more attention. Both in function and in CSS. Form aesthetic, le me just show you the out of the box here (screen shot attache modules (Joomla on top, CB on bottom) using our standard template. CB module is ugly, looks unfinished, etc.

Then there is the functionality. The short version is the CB login module does not direct traffic correctly. On my site, it almost always directs a person to their profile page. I setup a redirect to just index.php, and that will send them to the home page. Neither option is acceptable to us and seemingly I cannot fix it.

As a side note, I did recreate menu items, and created new ones. That makes no difference.

Here is how the work-flow is setup.

MENU with Secured Items. This menu does not have a module associated with it.

NewslettersSecured, ACL = Members Only, Type = DocMan
SpecialContentSecured, ACL = Members Only, Type = Articles

MENU with Public Items. This menu is our main nav bar

Newsletters, ACL = Public, Type = Menu Alias that links to NewslettersSecured
SpecialContent, ACL = Public, Type = Menu Alias that links to SpecialContentSecured

So, you visit a Joomla website and the main NAV bar has "Newsletters" and "SpecialContent" visible. You click, and you get asked to logon. Prior to CB2.0, we used Joomla Login, and you would put in authentication and then be taken right to the Newsletters/SpecialContent pages.

With CB2.0 and the forced CB Login module, you login and then are taken to CB Profile page. If you are lucky (I seriously have no idea why it works half the time) you are taken to the Login Redirect page which is just our home page. Both are unacceptable.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256981 by krileon

CB may have been re-written, but login module really needs more attention. Both in function and in CSS. Form aesthetic, le me just show you the out of the box here (screen shot attache modules (Joomla on top, CB on bottom) using our standard template. CB module is ugly, looks unfinished, etc.

Your template likely has a layout for Joomlas login module. It won't have a layout for CBs login module so they're going to look completely different. This isn't something we can address in CB directly. You need to create a layout for the CB login module that better fits your template. Our default layouts are designed to mimic Joomlas default templates; this includes the CSS classes and nearly all the HTML structure (few exceptions as we've some triggers, links, post/pre text, etc..). For example see our login module out of the box next to Joomlas using default Joomla template.

What you're wanting we can't do, because we did not develop your template and it is not the Joomla default template.

Then there is the functionality. The short version is the CB login module does not direct traffic correctly. On my site, it almost always directs a person to their profile page. I setup a redirect to just index.php, and that will send them to the home page. Neither option is acceptable to us and seemingly I cannot fix it.

Leave the login redirect parameter empty and it'll send them to the previous page they were on if possible. As long as our system plugin is installed when you access an access denied page that'd normally show you the Joomla login it will instead show the CB login and send Joomlas return URL to CB so the user can be returned correctly. I've just retested this behavior as working fine. So unless you've something else doing a redirect that's the behavior you should expect. If it's always sending to profile page then you've a redirect setup somewhere.

With CB2.0 and the forced CB Login module, you login and then are taken to CB Profile page. If you are lucky (I seriously have no idea why it works half the time) you are taken to the Login Redirect page which is just our home page. Both are unacceptable.

That shouldn't be the case. You should be sent back to your previous location. This is functioning in all my tests so my guess is you've a configuration issue somewhere. Likely a login redirect parameter is configured in a CB login module, which is being picked up by the login page (it uses the first published CB login module it can find for login page parameters).

In addition to the module login redirect there's the first login redirect found in CB > Configuration > Registration, which is used on a users first login only.

Also ensure the "System - Community Builder" plugin within Extensions > Plugin Manager is enabled as it handles passing Joomlas return URL to CB. Passing of return URL is enabled by default, but maybe yours was disabled for some reason so you may want to check the parameters of "System - Community Builder" as well and ensure "Pass Return URLs" is set to "Enabled".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

8 years 8 months ago #268768 by quartz
It would really help if you used the same words as on the site page when explaining where to change something.
I cannot see any words relating to "registration set to show login within CB" on the CB > Configuration > Registration page.

8 years 8 months ago #268771 by nant

quartz wrote: It would really help if you used the same words as on the site page when explaining where to change something.
I cannot see any words relating to "registration set to show login within CB" on the CB > Configuration > Registration page.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn