Where is "Enable Terms & Conditions" in Registration in CB2.0?

9 years 6 months ago #250459 by studiocardo
Hi Guys

In CB 1.9's configuration/registration, there is a choice to enable T&C and point the T&C document.

Enable Terms & Conditions Set to "Yes" to require users to accept your terms and conditions before registering!
URL to Terms & Conditions

Where is that equivalent option in CB 2.0? Has it been removed on purpose? If so, could you advise how to enable similar feature in a CB 2.0 site?

So far, CB 2.0 is a very pleasant upgrade, but the CB Login Module and missing T&C are two big productivity killers, I have spent 45 minutes trying to recover stable features from 1.9…

SH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250465 by nant

studiocardo wrote: Hi Guys

In CB 1.9's configuration/registration, there is a choice to enable T&C and point the T&C document.

Enable Terms & Conditions Set to "Yes" to require users to accept your terms and conditions before registering!
URL to Terms & Conditions

Where is that equivalent option in CB 2.0? Has it been removed on purpose? If so, could you advise how to enable similar feature in a CB 2.0 site?

So far, CB 2.0 is a very pleasant upgrade, but the CB Login Module and missing T&C are two big productivity killers, I have spent 45 minutes trying to recover stable features from 1.9…

SH

Your CB 2.0 installation should have an acceptedterms field that you can configure.

Actually you can even create more such fields and use as you see fit ad there is now such a field type in CB 2.0.

I am guessing you never installed the CB 1.9.1 module and so the CB 2.0 upgrade is giving you a warning message?

9 years 6 months ago #250515 by studiocardo
Nand

Installation of CB2.0 was a one click operation and I do not recall seeing a "accepted terms" field. The registration form carried over from 1.9.1 still show the T&C checkbox, but the link to view the T&C is missing. I guess the solution is to go to Field / accepted terms and enter the new T&C document in the editor.

By the way, by CB 1.9.1 module, I guess you were referring to the CB Login module? If yes, then the module WAS indeed published and used as the login module. However, the CB login module was unpublished and its function was replaced by Super Login Pro and SCLogin , primarily because it did not match the template look, and other reasons. Both SuperLoginPro and SCLogin worked as I wanted and I don't want to replace them. Now CB2.0 is giving me a warning message for not having CB Login module. Please advise how to proceed. I am sure I am not the only one with this set up so the question is bound to come up again. Please advise how to work around this.

Thanks,
SH

9 years 6 months ago #250606 by krileon

Installation of CB2.0 was a one click operation and I do not recall seeing a "accepted terms" field. The registration form carried over from 1.9.1 still show the T&C checkbox, but the link to view the T&C is missing. I guess the solution is to go to Field / accepted terms and enter the new T&C document in the editor.

The field didn't exist in CB 1.x. It was a global configuration option. The field now exists and you can find it within CB > Field Management.

By the way, by CB 1.9.1 module, I guess you were referring to the CB Login module? If yes, then the module WAS indeed published and used as the login module. However, the CB login module was unpublished and its function was replaced by Super Login Pro and SCLogin , primarily because it did not match the template look, and other reasons. Both SuperLoginPro and SCLogin worked as I wanted and I don't want to replace them. Now CB2.0 is giving me a warning message for not having CB Login module. Please advise how to proceed. I am sure I am not the only one with this set up so the question is bound to come up again. Please advise how to work around this.

You have to use CB Login. Without it your install could go out of sync. You can workaround it by creating a CB Login module and putting it in a position that won't be visible on your site I suppose or try unpublishing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn