Complete site crash after uploading and installing advanced member package.

9 years 6 months ago #250553 by susanpenter
I am working on a Joomla 2.5.27 system with Community Builder 2.00. I have just upgraded to Advanced membership and went to upload the package of new plugin to my system. This all seemed to run smoothly however I can now no longer access anything at the front and and scarecly anything at the back end. I have checked the php upload limits and it states:

max_execution_time = 60
upload_max_filesize = 10M
post_max_size = 10M
memory_limit = 128M
display_errors = 0
register_globals = 0
output_buffering = 0date.timezone = europe/london

Which seems to meet the requirements.

Within the Joomla back end I am currently on the module manager page however if I try to load any other page I simply get a white page.

Once I allowed errors I received the following at the front end:
Fatal error: Access level to CBfield_textarea::_fieldEditToHtml() must be public (as in class cbFieldHandler) in /home/mysite/public_html/genealogy/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 0

I hope someone can help with this as currently I have searched the help files and forums and google and can't find a way to fix this.

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250582 by susanpenter
I have found the following information from a different site and none of this has worked, the site is still completely unusable.

A solution for 80% of Blank White Pages
You have installed an extension (package). Joomla is trying to load several new system plugins, a dependency is not fulfilled or there's a PHP Error.

If the front end website is down. Joomla backend may work (it does not load the same plugins). Please, try to access the backend to disable the latest installed "system" plugins.
If the Joomla backend is also down, access your Database and manually disable the latest installed plugins.
For example, to review the latest installed plugins from phpMyAdmin/MySQL:

SELECT * FROM `XXXX_extensions` WHERE `type`='plugin' ORDER BY `XXXX_extensions`.`extension_id` DESC

To disable a plugin, change the enabled column to 0.

What can I do to get my system back, if the white page persists?
There's an alternative way to avoid a system plugin load, but it requires to access directly to website files and remove some of them. Please, proceed with the following steps:

Rename the latest installed system plugins folders: rename the latest installed extension plugins folders in "[Joomla_root]/plugins/system/".

9 years 6 months ago #250583 by nant
Please send me a Private message with backend super admin url and login credentials and I will take a look.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn