MySql 5.0.x support for CB2.0?

9 years 5 months ago #251162 by kinwolf
MySql 5.0.x support for CB2.0? was created by kinwolf
I tried updating a small website using a barebone CB 1.9.1 to CB 2.0. That website is still running on mysql 5.0.x so I got an error message saying that version is not supported anymore and the installation failed.

I know 5.0.x is getting pretty old but would it still be possible to install CB 2.0 on it? We managed to update to joomla 3 on that host last april with a small documented hack to the installation script, would that be possible with CB 2.0?

I have no control over that website host sadly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #251166 by nant
Replied by nant on topic MySql 5.0.x support for CB2.0?

kinwolf wrote: I tried updating a small website using a barebone CB 1.9.1 to CB 2.0. That website is still running on mysql 5.0.x so I got an error message saying that version is not supported anymore and the installation failed.

I know 5.0.x is getting pretty old but would it still be possible to install CB 2.0 on it? We managed to update to joomla 3 on that host last april with a small documented hack to the installation script, would that be possible with CB 2.0?

I have no control over that website host sadly.

www.snapfiles.com/apphistory/mysql_history.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySQL

5.0.0 died 2+ years ago - have your host update or move to different host.

9 years 5 months ago #251169 by kinwolf
Replied by kinwolf on topic MySql 5.0.x support for CB2.0?
That's what I thought, was just checking to be sure there wasn't some magik voodoo that could be done. I'll tell them they need to get the host to update mysql first. (that's what happens when the host company is the small company of a friend of the website owner, you always lag behind in the name of friendship :P)

9 years 5 months ago #251171 by nant
Replied by nant on topic MySql 5.0.x support for CB2.0?

kinwolf wrote: That's what I thought, was just checking to be sure there wasn't some magik voodoo that could be done. I'll tell them they need to get the host to update mysql first. (that's what happens when the host company is the small company of a friend of the website owner, you always lag behind in the name of friendship :P)

Security is related to keeping environments uptodate.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn