[#4794] CB 2.0 Date field not working anymore?

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #251263 by kinwolf
Hi,

After the update to 2.0, users have been reporting that they cannot modify their profile anymore. CB complains that the birthday date is required(it is) but the problem is that even when you enter the date using the 3 dropdown menu or the calendar, it does not keep the value upon registration.

I had to put the field as not mandatory so it would stop preventing the user to change their profile. But now, no user has a birthday date set anymore. Weird

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #251265 by kinwolf
Replied by kinwolf on topic CB 2.0 Date field not working anymore?
Ah, found the problem in CB(but not the solution. Even though the date format is set to dd/mm/yyyy the Date field validation seems to stay in mm/dd/yyyy So as soon as the first number is higher than 12, it bugs.

So the underlying problem seems to be with the field internal validation by CB? I double checked that CB is indeed configured with dd/mm/yyyy in the config area.

9 years 5 months ago #251286 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB 2.0 Date field not working anymore?

kinwolf wrote: Ah, found the problem in CB(but not the solution. Even though the date format is set to dd/mm/yyyy the Date field validation seems to stay in mm/dd/yyyy So as soon as the first number is higher than 12, it bugs.

So the underlying problem seems to be with the field internal validation by CB? I double checked that CB is indeed configured with dd/mm/yyyy in the config area.

Please upgrade to just released CB 2.0.1 and test again.

9 years 5 months ago #251313 by kinwolf
Replied by kinwolf on topic CB 2.0 Date field not working anymore?
I updated to 2.01, cleared the cache to be sure and...

the problem is still there, it's not fixed by 2.0.1

The workaround I did right now is to change CB date config to yyyy/mm/dd so the users could save their modifications once again.

It also prevented new user from registering as the date was never valid for CB.

9 years 5 months ago #251334 by fungkur
Replied by fungkur on topic CB 2.0 Date field not working anymore?
same here..

success register with birthdate : 1/May/1983 (dropdown list)
profile shows birthdate : 05/01/1983
profile edit/update page shows birthdate : 5/January/1983 (dropdown list)

tried to update to 1/May/1983, successful without any error
but profile again display birthdate : 05/01/1983

Joomla 2.5.27
CB 2.0.1

spit it out!

9 years 5 months ago #251371 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0 Date field not working anymore?
I've created a bug ticket to investigate further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4794

I'll be looking into this tomorrow and seeing if we can get it fixed for a nightly release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn