[SOLVED] What limits image uploads in profile?

9 years 4 months ago #253156 by sylvanr
Replied by sylvanr on topic What limits image uploads in profile?
Yay! I tried a few empty image fields tonight that wouldn't work previously and I was able to upload images now. For some reason, the first pic I uploaded with an iPhone, showed up sideways but all the others uploaded fine. It seems to be just one field that shows the pic sideways and I tried several pics. I will play with it more tomorrow and see if there are any other image fields like that or if there is anything I can do about it on my own.

You said that the problem turned out to be due to max_file_uploads and suhosin.upload.max_uploads. The first sounds like the php.ini file? Is that right?

It's weird because I had played with A php.ini file multiple times and kept changing the settings and increasing them. It sounds like you found a different php.ini file altogether. I found one php.ini file by going through my hosting sites "Filemanager" and then I used a search function to find a php.ini. I found one and edited the memory_limit and post_max_size. Apparently not the right php.ini file.

Another time, I went through Filezilla and found a php.ini file there. I kept increasing the memory_limit and post_max_size until I got to 2000M. Nothing I did seemed to make any difference. Obviously, I am not finding the correct php.ini file so maybe you can give me the path so I can find it again if I need to make any changes in the future?

Again, I so much appreciate your attention to this problem and helping me get it resolved.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #253193 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What limits image uploads in profile?

You said that the problem turned out to be due to max_file_uploads and suhosin.upload.max_uploads. The first sounds like the php.ini file? Is that right?

Both are INI file adjustments. max_file_uploads is typically set to 20 by PHP default. suhosin.upload.max_uploads is typically set to 25 by suhosin defaults. It's not typical to have 50+ file inputs in a single form so your usage required those to be adjusted. Both had to be adjusted as they're 2 separate checks.

It's weird because I had played with A php.ini file multiple times and kept changing the settings and increasing them. It sounds like you found a different php.ini file altogether. I found one php.ini file by going through my hosting sites "Filemanager" and then I used a search function to find a php.ini. I found one and edited the memory_limit and post_max_size. Apparently not the right php.ini file.

Memory limit and post max size were not your issue. Your issue was PHP didn't want to recognize file inputs beyond 25. Anything more than that was discarded by PHP.

Another time, I went through Filezilla and found a php.ini file there. I kept increasing the memory_limit and post_max_size until I got to 2000M. Nothing I did seemed to make any difference. Obviously, I am not finding the correct php.ini file so maybe you can give me the path so I can find it again if I need to make any changes in the future?

Pull up PHP information in Joomla backend and the PHP information will tell you what php.ini file is loaded and where it's at. Specifically see System > System Information > PHP Information > Loaded Configuration File.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #253580 by sylvanr
Replied by sylvanr on topic What limits image uploads in profile?
Well, everything was working fine but then I tried to go to System- System Information and I'm getting the following message:

0 DirectoryIterator::__construct(/hsphere/local<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>c262987/n-retrospect.com/images/users/$id): failed to open dir: No such file or directory

Not sure what that is about??

I found the problem.. tried to delete this forum question but I only see an edit button and not a delete button.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn