[SOLVED] What limits image uploads in profile?

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #252678 by sylvanr
Replied by sylvanr on topic What limits image uploads in profile?
When I click the "Check Community Builder User Fields Database..." in tools, it says "All CB fields data storage database is up to date" in green. Below that, it says "CB fields data storage database checks done. If all lines above are in free, test completed successfully. Otherwise, please take corrective measures proposed in red." If I click on "Click here to show details," it says for each image field:

Table #__comprofiler Column cb_imagefield structure is up-to-date.
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_imagefield approved structure is up-to-date.

No, it doesn't give any errors- it just rolls over to the profile view, saying "success, Your settings have been saved" but then the pic has not been uploaded.

For the purposes of my site, I don't like using the image gallery option for image fields, but if I do make the image gallery option available for a problematic image field, I can choose one of the gallery images and it will save that but will just not let me upload a new pic.

I thought I had learned that the problem might be related to tabs but now not so sure. It appeared that the image fields that were working shared a tab, while those that did not work, shared a different tab. When I moved the non-working image fields from tab where image fields do not work to a tab that has working image fields, the non-working fields would then work. But then that stopped working too. Now I am back to being unable to upload images with quite a few of my image fields. I am going to keep experimenting with it but it does seem like I keep hitting a wall with image fields- not sure what it is ultimately that causes that?

Is there a limit to the number of tabs allowed in CB?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #252798 by sylvanr
I have continued to try everything I can think of regarding image fields. Maybe no one else has needed as many image fields in their CB profiles and that is why it hasn't come up before? Although I was told that CB doesn't limit the number of image fields in a profile, it appears the limit for image fields in CB is 40 or 41 image fields. I guess that is quite a few for most people but still not sure why it has to be limited at all? It would be great if someone else had the time to test this on their own CB profile- create a bunch of image fields and upload images... see where it quits working for others? For me, it is 40 image fields. Just wondering if that would be consistent for others?

9 years 5 months ago #252873 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What limits image uploads in profile?
There is no limit for tabs or fields. Something is interfering with the profile store process. This could be a database issue and not a CB issue. If you have too many fields the database can't handle that many columns. Such issue is addressed in CB 2.0 by changing most fields to type text instead of varchar and changing the table engine to innodb.

Please upload an image for a field that isn't working and monitor the below folder.

images/comprofiler/

See if the image is actually uploaded there. If it is yet their profile doesn't reflect anything uploaded then this could be a user object issue (something nulling the fields value on store) or a database problem.

If you've CB Privacy or CB Conditional installed then disable both and retry.

If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials, FTP login credentials, as well as phpmyadmin login credentials so I can investigate this further. Unfortunately it does require the large number of login details as I need to monitor and debug the upload process and storage process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #252976 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and you're using CB 2.0.1. We've released 2.0.2 as well as nightly 2.0.2 releases. Please update to latest 2.0.2 nightly found below and confirm if issue persists.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

If your issue persists I will debug further from there. You've 196 fields, which makes the situation a bit interesting as shortly before that is when CB 1.x would begin to break, but that only affected new field creation and not profile save.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #252991 by sylvanr
I updated to CB 2.0.2 using the link you sent. The problem still persists. I still can't upload images to image fields after a certain point.

You had said: "...CB 1.x would begin to break, but that only affected new field creation and not profile save."

I can still create new fields and other field types seem to work fine... but after a certain point, image uploads quit working. I can still create the image fields but they just don't work at this point.

Thank you so much for looking into this. I really appreciate it.

9 years 5 months ago #253129 by krileon
Have investigated your issue and it's due to max_file_uploads and suhosin.upload.max_uploads. It's set to 25, but you've more than 25 image fields. This is not due to CB or Joomla, but server configuration. I've increased it to 100 (you've 53 image fields) using php.ini and confirmed issue resolved. Please also confirm.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn