Numer value in user name

9 years 5 months ago #252997 by harryvh
Numer value in user name was created by harryvh
My user name description states that multi word user name is selected, and numeric values 0-9 are allowed, etc. But as soon as the user includes a numeric value in the user name, the systems prompts that the user name is invalid. How does one either change the description for the user name field, or change the field attributes to allow numeric values? Kindly advise

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253042 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Numer value in user name
Seams to allow numbers fine in all my tests. Was the validation for the username field changed within CB > Field Management? Joomla version? CB version?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253066 by harryvh
Replied by harryvh on topic Numer value in user name
Thank you for your prompt response Kyle! Joomla 2.5.16 and CB 2.0.2
When this problem started, I did play around with the validation of the username field but could never get this fixed. What is funny is that the validation rule selected in the backend states: Multiple words with spaces (/^([a-z]+*)*$/i) hence no numeric values. But the "i" description in the front-end states that numeric values is allowed. So the validation rule actually works well and is applied but the wrong front-end description confuses the user in attempting to use numeric values. It seems that the wrong description is being displayed for the wrong validation rule?

9 years 5 months ago #253124 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Numer value in user name
You changed the validation, but not the field description. The field description does not automatically change based off the validation. I suggest just setting it back to accept any string and it'll respect Joomla username limitations or changing the description to reflect your validation changes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: harryvh

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn