[SOLVED] Pulling user_profiles fields into CB to use in search/user lists etc...

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #253406 by cheemak
Hi I'm using the SHMANIC LDAP system to Sync my users with AD.

Part of this allows you to pull fields from the AD into the #_user_profiles table in joomla

I'm using this for fields like department / Phone number etc.

I would like to sync this with CB so that the extra fields are available on a users profile,
and More importantly available in the userlists to display / filter with.

is there an easy way of doing this? I could'nt see a CB feild that will link with #users_profile table by default.

Do I need to create a OnafterLogin plugin or something to copy the fields across to the comprofiler_fields_values table?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #253501 by krileon
For that to work properly your plugin would need to integrate with CB instead of Joomla. CB does not pull Joomla profile data into the CB user profile when an authentication plugin is used as it has no idea what fields exist and what CB fields they should map to. You could try using the after user login trigger and pull the data from Joomla into CB using a CB plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #259476 by cheemak
Hi Kyle

As I was doing this I realised that the best quickest and easiest way to accomplish this was to just use the CBqueryfield plugin !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn