The page you requested is not available- when updating profile after using Editor Text Area fields

9 years 4 months ago #254388 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Video Field doesn't display properly either
I wouldn't delete anything, but instead just install a clean Joomla into a sub directory. Then begin slowly adding and configuring things. This will allow your original site to remain intact and act as a reference.

You may want to completely re-evaluate how you're doing profile edit though. The amount of inputs you're sending in a POST like that will choke out any shared hosting CPU allocation they've given you. It's just too much for budge hosting.

I suggest you use a form extension like RSForms. Then use CB Query Field to query for the form results to display on a users profile. This breaks apart the posting process to reduce the impact on your site. This also in theory should allow them to have as many stories as they want. There maybe more specialized extensions for what you're wanting in that regard on Joomla.org. Having 200+ inputs on a single form is quite a bit; plus is hugely discouraging for users to complete.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sylvanr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254476 by sylvanr
Replied by sylvanr on topic Video Field doesn't display properly either
I am looking into RSForms as you suggested. I am not sure how I would use CB Query Field to get form results but will look in docs to see how this is done.

I have moved my site to a different host to see if that makes a difference as well. After I had the new host move my site, when I logged on, I got the following text at the top of the profile but did some research on this and found that you had advised turning off error reporting in Global Configuration and that is what I did and that got rid of the following:

Strict Standards: Non-static method pbcbRatings::_getLanguageFile() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>nretrosp/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/cb.profilebook.php on line 449

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>nretrosp/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/classes/bbcode.inc.php on line 137

Strict Standards: Non-static method pbcbRatings::_getLanguageFile() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>nretrosp/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/cb.profilebook.php on line 449

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>nretrosp/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/classes/bbcode.inc.php on line 137

Strict Standards: Non-static method pbcbRatings::_getLanguageFile() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>nretrosp/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/cb.profilebook.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Non-static method pbcbRatings::_getRatingImage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>nretrosp/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/cb.profilebook.php on line 53

9 years 4 months ago #254573 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Video Field doesn't display properly either
Those are strict standards and deprecated warnings. Should be fixed in the latest CB ProfileBook release, which was just released with CB 2.x compatibility. Are you seeing the same profile edit issues with your new host?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn